Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks everyone for the info. Hate to be a pain but,I have another question.What are 886 heads seen ad in local paper for rebuilt set 350.00. Working on rebuilding 350 that has some get and go.Just have plain 4 bolt block. Been thinking about selling 4 bolt and pickup a used 2 bolt and rebuild top end .I am Putting motor in vette.Can put motor together,
just dont know what is a good set up.

PS
I consider you guys my experts,I trust opinons here more than on the street

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
I don`t know of any 886 heads, I do know of the camel hump 186 heads, these are good street heads, but no factory head compares to aftermarket heads. If you go for the 186`s I`d want to be assured they were not cracked, and that the guides are good and the exhaust seats were replaced with hardened units. If the seller can`t give proof of these things I wouldn`t buy them, as if you did buy them and they were cracked you`d be crying.
A good set up calls for what you want the engine to do, and using parts that work together as a team to achieve the goal.

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
Could they have been 882s? If so, they are light castings prone to cracks, but apparently a decent flowing head.

·
Registered
103 Posts
maybe 202 double hump heads?? make sure you have some one who knows what they are look at them first or even a machine shop. never heard of 886's.

·
Footbraker
693 Posts
(886?) That's gotta be a typo, the newpaper here is notorious for that. I'd call the seller and ask him to confirm the casting numbers. Personally, I wouldn't pay $350 for a set of 882's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts