Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I haven't posted questions directly I have had more questions answered than I can remember. With the help of the regular and not so regular posters on this site I've been able to complete my first paint job better than I ever expected. If anyone is interested I will try to upload a photo, it's an Australian 1956 FJ Holden, two tone green. Thank you to all that contribute to this fantastic site.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,929 Posts
Post a pic or two. Love to see it. :drool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Australia's own car"

Thanks for your interest, the Fj Holden is considered an Australian icon FX/FJ body style being the first Australian built car. My father bought the car as an unfinished project, as with most unfinished projects we had to start from scratch. Stripped the car replaced a lot of metal replaced a few guards etc. I think the hardest part of the bodywork was calming the old man every time I cut a chunk of metal out. Months later were at this stage, paint on waiting to be rubbed and buffed. Panels are temporarily hung to avoid chips and scratches, chrome is at the platers. Paint is acrylic as we are not set up to spray twopac, colour is brookmere green over medium light shannon green. I have also included a photo of a complete Fj for those who have not seen one. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Man that has to bring great joy and a sense of accomplishment, congrats! Looks good to me.

I am so close to shooting my first paint job, and I hope it comes out as good as yours. I'd be extremly pleased!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts