Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for your help cobalt

It's not a vortec engine I confirmed that using the number stamped under the valve cover. The person who sold it to me had said it was a vortec engine when I bought it but I had no idea how to check that at the time. Anywho, I know that swirl ports don't make good top end power as they are made for pulling/towing/hauling hence the good low end power. I've got the computer controlled distributor and every now and then the engine light does flash but not for very long. And I do have the Y configuration you mentioned so now I ask is there a better way to get vacuum? Where can I get a single full time vacuum source off the manifold?

The tranny I have now is a fresh rebuild i bought from summit racing its not that POS I bought off the street I was having issues with :sweat:

·
Registered
973 Posts
Thanks for your help cobalt

It's not a vortec engine I confirmed that using the number stamped under the valve cover. The person who sold it to me had said it was a vortec engine when I bought it but I had no idea how to check that at the time. Anywho, I know that swirl ports don't make good top end power as they are made for pulling/towing/hauling hence the good low end power. I've got the computer controlled distributor and every now and then the engine light does flash but not for very long. And I do have the Y configuration you mentioned so now I ask is there a better way to get vacuum? Where can I get a single full time vacuum source off the manifold?

The tranny I have now is a fresh rebuild i bought from summit racing its not that POS I bought off the street I was having issues with :sweat:
Ayuh,... You really oughta be postin' this in the thread it belongs in, which would bring it to the top....

As it is,... Maybe Cobalt, but Nobody else has any clue as to what yer talkin' 'bout...

Just sayin',... that's how forums usually work...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.