Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some of those mangina pills the other day...............no, just kidding........
------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE JEEP

my dad and i were talking the other day about our jeeps.
he said something about how he liked my big arse 35 inch tires, and since i was saving get get some 33's (which my dad has on his jeep), he thought that we should trade.
so i thought "great, now i don't have to buy any tires"
so yesterday i pulled all of the tires off of his jeep, loaded them in mine and went up to have them changed over.
i went to one place and it was going to cost $80, then thought about this guy down the street that is just starting out and figured he could do a little better, so i went over there.
i get there, the guy says $70 and i say "lets do it".
he gets the rear tires off (very freaking slowly), switches them out with two of my dad's and gets them back on the jeep. then he starts on the front. gets four lugs off but can't seem to get the fifth one off. so i stand there waiting and watching for a good 45 minutes while these two idiots try two take off the lug nut and finally start looking for tools. i found an old husky ratchet and extension and handed it to them. one of the guys stood on it with one foot and then broke it. so i asked if they had a breaker bar, and kept getting the reply "yes" but never saw one.... so that told me that they only knew one word of the english language and that word was "yes". i finally found the owner and told him to tell them to put it back together and i would take them off at home and be back in a few minutes.
so i get home, grab my trusty breaker bar and bam, it broke loose without much fight. i was off of my property in five minutes or less and wasn't even breathing hard.
take the freaking tires back up to the idiots and it was like i wasn't there. people kept driving up and getting their stuff done first. i had to wait until all of the illegal aliens were gone before they decided to start on mine again.
so i guess it was 2 hours later and Juan finally got done balancing the last tire. walked up to me, i gave him one of my not so pleasing looks and said how much? he said $50 (which was the second word of english that he knew). i paid and got out of there.

got back home, put them on my jeep and wow, what a difference.
the ride is much smoother, it has noticeably better acceleration, my breaks stop without having to stand on them, and by golly I NOW CAN USE MY FIFTH GEAR!!!

i thought that it was going to take away from the looks but actually i kind of like it better.

anywho, just thought i'd vent.......and then get happy, lol.

late' Aaron

·
Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
crazy larry said:
size does matter.:thumbup:

and two inches can make all the difference in the world.;)
thats what my girlfriend said went she got back from college :( .

·
Registered
258 Posts
akm said:
thats what my girlfriend said went she got back from college :( .
That reminds me, A girl I know said she had a new boyfriend and that he was twenty. I asked her "Inches or years?"

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
Thought that this was a discussion about tires, guys.

I know, I know....i'm an old prude, but that's my job, man.............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts