Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
doesn't play well with others
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people, mustang66 just caused me to start thinking (and I hate thinking :D ). In an other post about engine styles he mentioned the return of the 302 mustang. Now I know '73 was the last of the originals. In '74 Ford introduced the MustangII (Boooo!!). 1974 was a unique year, it was the only MustangII made for leaded gas and I thought it was the only year there wasn't a V-8 option. Ford brought the 302 back in the CobraII which appeared in the tv series Charlies Angels. For those of us who remember Farrah and that white and I believe blue striped CobraII. Does anyone know for sure or know a website with mustang history that includes those horrible years for Ford.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hey dee!,dont know the answer to your question just wanted to say howdy.and by the way, are the horrible years of mustang over?[spoken like atrue chevy nut/redneck or maybe just nut].really though ,i love acouple of mustangs 68,69,but where has all the cool gone?[chevy as well !]

·
doesn't play well with others
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi jimm, I think it was called the gas crunch of the mid seventees that killed cool. Then everything went plastic and I don't think they even gave cool a decent burial. And the rest is, as they say, history. :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts