Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woohoo! i've recently been working on my truck, and im getting closer. im so excited! :thumbup:

i have the motor and tranny mounted, and ill soon put blocks in the rear to lower the backend. we have the floor cut out of the cab, and are working on fabricating some corner peices. i still need to finish what body work aint done, build a custom bed, buy rear fenders (wich will stick out a foot from the rear of the bed), re-fabricate the running boards(needs a 8 inch extension), put in new floor boards, and mount cab to the 1950 super coupe frame, and the flat paint. hmm, the more i speak the more depressed i get.

but its looking good (to me anywho)

any questions or comments are welcome! :thumbup:

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
keep up the good work your getting there one step at a time.

the best thing to do is not look at everything that needs to be done just concentrate on the job at hand and it will go better and you wont feel so over whelmed. good luck!:thumbup: :cool:

rich

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Nice Jackstands:thumbup: :pain: dont wanna be workin under that frame:drunk: hahaha.....lookin' good 40, I like the pen scallops:D

Mike

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
She's lookin' good. Like Hrazr said, "One step at a time." I get over whelmed with mine too once in awhile. But I get to thinking, it's like a big BIG model. One step at a time gets 'er done. Only thing is now the expense is getting over whelming. :sweat: :thumbup:

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
38 special said:
But I get to thinking, it's like a big BIG model. :thumbup:
Yeah the "glue" and the paint is the best smelling...er....part:p
Later,
WEIMER

·
axes wayy too many questions
311 Posts
Looks like a great time. Makes me wanna get the tools out, but im a bit short on cash....DOH!

Alex

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i plan to chop it 4-5 inches.

the 5.0 is in by custom made mounts by yours truley, and alot of help from my dad. ;)

actualy, those jackstands work pretty well. i have no fear in climbing under.... :mwink:

those scallops are that blue tape. my paint scheme is gonna be flat white on front, the white will turn into those scallops, then underneath those scallops it will be flat black. im still decideing if i want the top of the cab white or black....

im hurting on money bad. i found a 27 tall T coupe (body frame and rear end is able to use) for $1000, and i found an edelbrock intake and a holley carb (600cfm) for $300. the intake has to come frist though...

·
Registered
806 Posts
I think it looks pretty good right now, I like the fact your using a FORD in a FORD for once. What did that 302 come out of, cause I know a guy that has a 302 block out of a truck (i think) in his garage if you need anything he maybe willing to get rid of it.

·
Junkyard Kustoms
298 Posts
lookin good man

im very jealous since my trucks(48'(i just bought) and my 53) are outside and no being worked on

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts