Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was posted on the stude site and seeing as how Iam restoring a 64 gt it caught my eye. Would I ever like to have one of these. Never got built because all Hawks where dicontinued when studebaker moved everything to Canada. This was to be the 65 model year.

Attachments

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Beautiful car, I wish they would have built it....it looks like a mini 63 T-bird, 55 T-bird, 55 Baby Lincoln, all thrown into one with a 64 Rambler American rear end and a mid 50's Chrysler 300 grill...Beautiful car though.

Ray

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
I dig those styling exercises that the manufacturers did. I don't care what car, brand, I love seeing them. Wish more were out there for us to see.

At a little museum in New Mexico I went thru one time there was a life size engineer blue print for a 50 Chevy front fender! It was so damn cool! Wish I had taken a picture of it.

Brian

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
Their designers must have been influenced by Ford/Lincoln because it sure resembles some from that era. It really reminds me of the five passenger T-bird more than anything but it still would have been a nice car for sure.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 62-64 gt hawks had a lot of ford lines to it. My 64 gt is one of the last gt's built and one of 1200+and one of 4 know to be in the state of MN.A trure mn car from new with standard mn rust issues. Faded photo is my car and should look like the other when done.

Attachments

·
Member - AMC/Rambler "guru"
1,850 Posts
Look close at the last image of the red GT Hawk and you'll see that the first illustration is basically the same body with modified front sheet metal and tail lights to give it just enough of an updated look to soldier on a couple more years. Most of the body would have been the same as the last year GT Hawk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.