Discussion Starter #1
1 vote per customer please.:)
Are you over 18?:p
Are you registered?:drunk:
You have to vote here in person, you know.:smash:
What am I thinking?:confused:
Oh, heck, just vote.:thumbup:

**NOTICE**
You are utilizing your 1st amendment right. You really do not have to vote in person, I don't care if you're registered, if you're 2 you can vote (I won't stop you, why should I?), I'm just wastin space here since the business part is the vote.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I say keep it, I find it interesting to read through. Besides it helps show the new members who the problems are.

Mike

·
Registered
794 Posts
Some of the funniest threads are there, and there is some good info there. Heck this thread may be there before long.

I say keep it. Maybe delete dumped threads after a few months.

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
akm said:
hmm, i thought we coved this already........ ummmmmmm, maybe 800 times before. :rolleyes:
I think so too, buT I wanted to post a poll in it also for a more visual profile of we the people on what to do with the dump. Also I'm making the pioneers in this issue look good. Isn't there a quote that says that the best complemet is to be imitated?

·
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
geez, this thread I made really sucks, doesn't it?:drunk:

Jon might be interested in the survey.

·
Missing You
300 Posts
I'm wanting to remove it from public view. It'll still be there for the Mods to take the garbage for Trolling reasearch purposes, but it will be out of view of everybody else. There's nothing in there worth reading anyway.

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
If we want to axe the Dump, then Lounge posters must demonstrate the ability to refrain from posting hateful, sexually oriented, or otherwise inappropriate posts. Otherwise, we'll have to delete them, which would cause a rise in our day-to-day drama on the board.

We need to be able to go a certain amount of time without needing to Dump any posts. Then, we can eliminate the Dump.

·
Missing You
300 Posts
malc said:
:rolleyes: "Trolling research":rolleyes:

We need to keep the posts for a period of time to compare IP addys, or so other moderators can see the member and what they're guilty of. If I delete a troll as soon as he comes on here, then nobody else knows what to look out for.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Keep the dump as a short term history of the rubbish some
"members" post.OFTR and A-P etc. who started off with no intention of partaking seriously.When a thread disappears I like to see at what stage it got dumped,being half way round the world from you guys, things happen overnight.

·
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the dump should be out of non-member view, since it can offend visitors, but some people (auto-fart) needs a place to discuss his sex life, and I don't need him doing that th the longe!

Plus, I like bashing imports for umm... the 800th time. Some stuff is pretty funny in a PG13 way, but sometimes there's some R stuff, and maybe that stuff should be tagged somehow (red thread title?) so the more decent dumpers need not know about each other's sex lives.:eek:

I would also eliminate anything in the dump from being available under "search", since the dump is like the lounge after a few too many drinks sometimes, but the most violent thing possible is :boxing: , so it's okay if the looser looks like:drunk: and the winner gets the girl:drool: or bragging rights:mwink: or whatever:confused:

In short, I'm saying "keep the dump", but hide it from public view and the more innapropriate threads there let us know somehow, and if they have anything too bad, then delete them fast :smash:

Also, I think that there will be some threads popping up in various forums on this site that would normally be in the dump:evil: , but we should rename it the bar.:pimp:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
personally, for what it's worth, i like it the way it is. if i'm gone for a day or two, or sometimes even less, i can see who's been an idiot etc...... sometimes, i hate to see some things dumped or locked. hell, we are big boys.:rolleyes:

sometimes, i think the lounge ought to not be viewable on new posts like the dump is.

Jon, you rock.:thumbup:

hadn't told you in awhile.

·
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cool

I like the not-viewable if less than 10 posts idea and stuff
I miss the signatures. They should have a limit on length not unlike the words under the avatar, where I have something about my car missing 4 cylinders and the engine's turned sideways.

But I think Jon will do something like that, given the time. I'm also glad that he's checking this out every so often, since that was the point- to get our voices and opinions heard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dump Dump

I voted to keep it.

I'm looking forward to my first ******* drunk post at 3 in the morning after busting my knuckles all day.
:p

·
Super Moderator
18,368 Posts
Re: Dump Dump

meanroy said:
I voted to keep it.

I'm looking forward to my first ******* drunk post at 3 in the morning after busting my knuckles all day.
:p

Thats funny, Roy....and I agree with you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts