Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the feature in Custom Rodder Magazine a few months ago of the 1966 Chevy Caprice called The Huntress? If so, what size tires do you think is on that car? I just put a set of 17's on my car and want the look that this car had.

·
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich
266 Posts
Maybe its me... but anything bigger than a 15 looks odd on old cars. Theres a trend in Oakland with all these dudes buying 70's Olds and Skylarks and putting 20's on them...it just doesnt look right...
:confused:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
crazygutgut said:
Maybe its me... but anything bigger than a 15 looks odd on old cars. Theres a trend in Oakland with all these dudes buying 70's Olds and Skylarks and putting 20's on them...it just doesnt look right...
:confused:
I'm with you on this one. I think the best look is like the Winston cup type cars of the period. Just low enough to fill the wheel wells, a bit of a nose down rake and lots of rubber. Perfect, timeless and no fad wheels, wide steelys and maybe dog dish caps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the wheel size in the article, and that is the size wheels that I bought. I put 225\55\17 tires on it, but that size is not big enough for the rear. The article did not say what size the tires were. I agree partially with the OLD GUYS about 15's looking good on a 60's era car. You just cant beat a good-looking set of Corvette rallyes. But on a car as big as my Caprice I like the LARGE BY HUGE look. I will say anything above a 18 incher looks a little tacky. Any more input is appreciated.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts