Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
MattyMX said:
Here are a couple shots I took of Tom McEwin's Funny Car basking in the Famaso sun.

thanks for posting the pics, brings back some good memories for me,as I used to follow the Mongoose/Snake rivalry.always liked the Mongoose paint scheme better, but rooted for the Snake, I have been told I wasnt right in the head !!LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words! When I was a about 10 I lived in Burbank just a couple blocks from Tom McEwin. Some days after school I would ride my bike by his house and see his trailer with the fueler in it. I would just stare at if for an hour.

·
Registered
35 Posts
MattyMX said:
Thanks for the kind words! When I was a about 10 I lived in Burbank just a couple blocks from Tom McEwin. Some days after school I would ride my bike by his house and see his trailer with the fueler in it. I would just stare at if for an hour.
did you ever get to talk to him? that would have been something to remember !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ronbuhg said:
did you ever get to talk to him? that would have been something to remember !

I never talked to him when I was young, but I did tell him that story mentioned above when I was shooting the car. He got a kick out of it. What a neat guy!

·
Registered
35 Posts
MattyMX said:
I never talked to him when I was young, but I did tell him that story mentioned above when I was shooting the car. He got a kick out of it. What a neat guy!
thats great, Id read somewhere he was a very down to earth and would talk with anyone

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Was this from last weekend? I wanted to go but after working out of town for the previous month I figured I'd spend a little time with the wife....I got home Friday night, a few buddies went but I didn't want to be the horses butt for going so soon. :D I try to make Famoso 3-4 times a year, Badrat and I will be there this fall for the reunion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dinger said:
Was this from last weekend? I wanted to go but after working out of town for the previous month I figured I'd spend a little time with the wife....I got home Friday night, a few buddies went but I didn't want to be the horses butt for going so soon. :D I try to make Famoso 3-4 times a year, Badrat and I will be there this fall for the reunion.

I was out there at Famoso about 3 weeks ago when we were filming the movie at the drag strip.

·
Registered
35 Posts
against all odds said:
Would you happen to know who built the chassis and what is the exact size of the rear tires?
not sure if your asking me or someone else,but no I dont know myself.if your not asking me, sorry I need to butt out ! LOL hope someone can help you soon

·
Registered
35 Posts
against all odds said:
Oh, i'm asking anybody who might know.

i think these cars were setup just right; The bodies were still recognizable---yet racy.
I agree with you,they do look 'bad to the bone' ! aahhh, the bad ole days,huh?? great memories for me.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
against all odds said:
Could i borrow the bottom photo(or at least link to it) so i can show someone who might know about the chassis and rear tire size?
not sure that I can or should,sorry, this request should go up hill to webmaster ??but I cant imagine why there would be a problem,its still wise to ask though.can someone help him with this request ?? hey MATTYMX, what do you think ?? can he do this ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
against all odds said:
Could i borrow the bottom photo(or at least link to it) so i can show someone who might know about the chassis and rear tire size?

I appreciate the asking. Go ahead and share it with who ever you need to ask about the car. The owner of the car told me the details but I forget who built it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Today´s funnies look like wedges of cheese with a cockpit added,
slab sided for advertising.
Thank goodness there is nostalgia funny car racing, with bodies that are recogniseable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.