Hot Rod Forum banner

The most beautiful rod to come out in a long while.

1K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  crazygutgut 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I went to the San Francisco Rod and Custom show today. This is one of the few cars that just knocked my socks off.

It is an "Indy" car style from the thirties and VERY well executed. It is on duece rails and the duece shell of course. Other than that, all hand made. The rear photo makes the body look too thin. In person it looked way better proportioned than in this photo. It truely is a work of art.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
It was a little 2.3 2005 Ford four banger. That part doesn't sound too cool, but the motor was done real well. I think he could have gotten a little more creative in the power train department but it was beautiful.

#6 ·
Actually the 2.3 is a good little engine. It has been beguiled for the crappy carb and nightmarish period emission controls but if you look at the 4 banger dirt cars they are mostly 2.3 Fords and 22R toyotas. On our local 1/4 mile track in Alaska the 2.3 Mustang mini stockers were running just as quick as the 383 MonteCarlos in the street stock.

#8 ·
I was not as lucky as A32flathead or Martinsr with the crowd!!
they are right however that Indy car was beautiful!! (i would put my photo of it here, but IDONT HAVE ONE! I wanna say the hood was on the car on saturday)

The Dore car was INDEED one of the best, but I have no idea if it won. it was in a decent traffic area so I got a photo of it too

The indy car was in the vicinity of the "american hotrod" cars, so it was quite hard to access and photograph because of the crowd (I went on saturday, not friday)

#15 ·
well okay the "metallic" was a bit redundant. but how do you do you describe the metallic cars?

what about the Silvers, Golds, Coppers?

I agree with the "chartruses" "magentas""vermillions" and "salmons" being "girly" but killer maybe you are colorblind??

reminds me of an argument I had with my mom, after she bought me a pink shirt for my birthday.. "its pink" I said.."no honey, its SALMON" she said "exactly..it's Pink"...

#16 ·
killerformula said:
oh I'm all about the yellow one. As a matter of fact, I like everything about it with the exception of the diamond plate dash inlay.

K
I'm with you killer, both are nice but the yellow one is just the nuts, I think. I don't like fender skirts and no fenders at all is even better. I would tend to like it better without hood sides though, and with a 270 Offy.

The yellow car looks like one you would take out and have a ball in, the green one looks more like a trailer queen you would haul around and set next to in your lawn chair.

#17 ·
there is NO DOUBT that the Rick Dore car is a trailer queen (the green one) Most of the cars in the "main" exhibition hall were. But you could SEE the detail and crafstman ship in both cars. they are both masterpieces of effort for their builders. these cars were also a stones throw from 3 Boyd Coddington cars, and up close, the Coddington cars look like DOO-DOO. I dont even like 34 fords that much myself. The car I liked the most was "in back" and wouldnt be allowed anywhere near the main floor!!

oh yeah the 41(?) shoe box that you can see cut-off on the left was KILLER, that thing was sectioned, and channeled SO SEVERELY that the lip of the HOOD was sitting on top of the wheels!! (I thought I shot that car too!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.