Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Twas the night Jesus came and all through the house, not a person was praying, not one in the house...The Bible was left on the shelf without care, for no one thought Jesus would come there...The children were dressing to crawl into bed, not once ever kneeling or bowing their head...And Mom in the rocking chair with babe on her lap, was watching the Late Show as I took a nap...When out of the east there rose such a clatter, I sprang to
my feet to see what was the matter...Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutters and lifted the sash...When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but Angels proclaiming that Jesus was here...The light of His face made me cover my head...was Jesus returning just like He'd said. And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth, I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself...In the Book of Life which he held in his hand, is written the name of every saved man...He spoke not a word as he searched for my name, when He said "it's not here" My head hung in shame...The people whose names had been written with love, He gathered to take to his Father above...With those who were ready He rose without sound, while all of the others were left standing around... I fell to my knees but it was too late, I'd waited too long and thus sealed my fate...I stood
and I cried as they rose out of sight, Oh, if only I'd known that this was the night...In the words of this poem the meaning is clear the coming of Jesus is now drawing near... There's only one life and when comes the last call, We'll find out that the Bible was true after all...B Basic I Instruction B Before L Leaving E Earth
Please send this to as many people as possible... JESUS LOVES YOU!

Al

·
Registered
491 Posts
Gr8 '48 bow tie

I love the classics, its amazing lots of folks don't even know the great reading available on their shelves.

Dutch

·
Registered
48 Posts
all i have on my shelf are car models, and civil war books i have read hundreds of times

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
I'll never be on Oprah, Leno, or the evening news hour. I'll probably not be a household name like Rodman, Seinfeld, or Bush. I did get my name published - turns out its only the phone book, but Al, I do know my name is in The Book of Life and thats the only one that really counts!

·
Registered
0 Posts
RE:Night before Jesus came.....

I'm not much of a religious fanatic, but this was nice. I even copied it for the guys over at the Showrod Rally model car site.
I spent the day decorating my home for Christmas yesterday, but amidst all of the glitter and garland, its nice to be reminded of the true meaning of the holiday. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
2-manytoyzs said:
I'll never be on Oprah, Leno, or the evening news hour. I'll probably not be a household name like Rodman, Seinfeld, or Bush. I did get my name published - turns out its only the phone book, but Al, I do know my name is in The Book of Life and thats the only one that really counts!
How could you possibly know that your name is in the book of life. Only God knows who is righteouse enough to join his kingdom. :confused:
Dave

·
Registered
331 Posts
72CutSupreme said:
How could you possibly know that your name is in the book of life. Only God knows who is righteouse enough to join his kingdom. :confused:
Dave
You seem to be a bit confused. Rightousness has nothing to do with it at all. We can never be rightous enough, God knows that which is why Christ (the only human ever rightous enough... because He is / was God) had to die. That's the whole point, we deserve nothing but death and eternal separation from God, BUT if we accept that Christ paid that price for us, God doesn't see our unrightousness anymore, all He see's is his perfect Son. Knowing that our names are in the book of life is a promise to us if we believe and accept that through Christ we have been forgiven, not just once, but every freakin time we screw up, even over and over again with the same things. IT'S A PROMISE!!!

Hope that answers your question.

Here we go, now we've really opened a can of worms. :rolleyes:

Rich

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Well, I'll tell you what. I've read and re-read several different versions of the rules. All of them point to one fact, blind faith in the name, presence and image the holy one chose to manifest in the minds of men is the only way to salvation in the end.

I've been called lots of things in my lifetime, most of them had a shred of truth. Noone has ever called me godless. I don't subscribe to the established religions of western civilization, I just know in my own mind what's right and what's wrong. I see creation as the earth under my feet. According to the bible the first man was whipped up out of dirt and in the end that's where we all go back to. I respect it and love it.

You can tell me that "god" made the earth and the universe. That's fine by me, I won't dispute it and I can't dispute it. It's not my place or desire to challenge another mans faith. If it does you good and teaches you to do good, it's fine by me. I belive in the ground I walk on because it can sustain life or take it. If you rest easy knowing that "god" made the earth and therefore made me and my belief puts me in line with your chosen faith, more power to ya brother.

I love everybody until they pee in my cornflakes.

Larry

·
Registered
28 Posts
rlackey said:
You seem to be a bit confused. Rightousness has nothing to do with it at all. We can never be rightous enough, God knows that which is why Christ (the only human ever rightous enough... because He is / was God) had to die. That's the whole point, we deserve nothing but death and eternal separation from God, BUT if we accept that Christ paid that price for us, God doesn't see our unrightousness anymore, all He see's is his perfect Son. Knowing that our names are in the book of life is a promise to us if we believe and accept that through Christ we have been forgiven, not just once, but every freakin time we screw up, even over and over again with the same things. IT'S A PROMISE!!!

Hope that answers your question.

Here we go, now we've really opened a can of worms. :rolleyes:

Rich
You seem to be a bit confused.
If you think that all it takes for us to be in the book of life is to accept that jesus died for us then you are way off base. I'd like to see where it says in the bible that we are promised to be in the book as long as we beleive. Being forgiven for our sins takes alot more than just beleiving. Its takes hours of prayer and true repentance to god. The once saved allways saved phillosiphy is one of the world not of God. Thinkning that all it takes to be part of the god family is to beleive in him is just taking the easy way out. It is not taking any responsibility for our actions. Of we will never be as righteous as jesus but we must strive to be as righteouse as we can.
http://www.cgg.org//index.cfm/page/Literature.showResource/CT/BS/k/200
Dave

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
if you truely believe your washed in the blood of the lamb, how can you continue in worldly ways? if your still worldly, your not convicted.

Jesus said:
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 7:21

·
Registered
331 Posts
72CutSupreme said:
You seem to be a bit confused.
If you think that all it takes for us to be in the book of life is to accept that jesus died for us then you are way off base. I'd like to see where it says in the bible that we are promised to be in the book as long as we beleive. Being forgiven for our sins takes alot more than just beleiving. Its takes hours of prayer and true repentance to god. The once saved allways saved phillosiphy is one of the world not of God. Thinkning that all it takes to be part of the god family is to beleive in him is just taking the easy way out. It is not taking any responsibility for our actions. Of we will never be as righteous as jesus but we must strive to be as righteouse as we can.
http://www.cgg.org//index.cfm/page/Literature.showResource/CT/BS/k/200
Dave
This is exactly why I said I thought you were confused. I'm not saying "once saved, always saved" of course it takes a heart that wants not to sin, but we will always sin as long as we are alive, and thats why we needed Christ. You are preaching salvation by works, and I'm sorry but it doesn't work. If what you say is true, Christ didn't have to die, he didn't even have to exist and what was true of the Old Testament would be true now. We could only come to God through burnt sacrifices and ceremonies.

If you are right, then Christianity is no different from any other religious belief or faith in the world, and we are all screwed. You are denying completely what Christ did on the cross. I don't know where you got these ideas from, but it certainly isn't in the bible, and it isn't truth.

I don't want to get into some stupid heated argument because neither of our minds will be changed by this. This is a old thread anyway, and I don't fully understand why you would post a reply to it like you did to bring it up again if you weren't just stirring crap. What purpose does it serve but to get people all riled up? Seriously, this is a hotrodding site, lets stick to hotrodding where we can both enjoy common ground.

Rich

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dave,

I think I'm misunderstanding you somewhere, and I think that I have interpreted what you have said as saying something you're probably not. I also think that you have taken what I have said the wrong way.

I just have a feeling that we will find out we are both on the same page in the end. I actually agree with everything you said, except that we can't know that our names are in the book of life.

Can you explain to me what makes you think this? what you see as the role of Jesus Christ as the Son of God, his death and resurrection? and forgiveness?

These are the fundamental foundations of our faith, and I have a feeling our difference in belief falls somewhere in there, if there ends up being a difference.

You have me very curious about this now.

Rich

·
Registered
28 Posts
rlackey said:
Dave,

I think I'm misunderstanding you somewhere, and I think that I have interpreted what you have said as saying something you're probably not. I also think that you have taken what I have said the wrong way.

I just have a feeling that we will find out we are both on the same page in the end. I actually agree with everything you said, except that we can't know that our names are in the book of life.

Can you explain to me what makes you think this? what you see as the role of Jesus Christ as the Son of God, his death and resurrection? and forgiveness?

These are the fundamental foundations of our faith, and I have a feeling our difference in belief falls somewhere in there, if there ends up being a difference.

You have me very curious about this now.

Rich
Rich,
I agree that you are misunderstanding me somewhere. I am definately not preaching Salvation by works. Salvation deffinetaly can not be recieved by good works alone but works of the law and keeping the law of god is deffinetaly a requirement.
As far as what I beleive. I beleive what the bible says. Nothing more nothing less. The bible is the inspired word of God, therefor it is not our place to question any of it. The bible clearly states theat we are not to add to or take away from the word of GOd. This is what I base my beleifs on. I personaly don't feel that the bible is something that is up for interpretation. Any interpretations that we could make would be made using human reasoning and human reasoning is definetaly flawed.

This is a statement of the beleifs of my church. I don't beleive these things because someone says I should. I beleive these things because everyone of them can be found in the bible.
http://www.cgg.org//index.cfm/page/literature.booklets.bride.htm#beliefs

If you GO to the top of that page there is a button marked Library, click on that and then go to the Herbert W. Armstrong Literature. If you are interested in what I beleive this is the best place to start.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by anything I have said. These are just the things I beleive. I would be very happy to continue this discussion if you like. Theres no reason for it to become an argument in my oppinion.

Dave

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Dave, you don't feel the Bible is up for interpretation, yet you yourself are interpreting it as does every soul who ever reads it. And rightly so, if you are born again because God uses every passage to touch the heart of the believer in the way that he needs at that moment. That is not to say that foundational truths are open to interpretation but if you have not love for your brother then you are sounding brass or clanging symbol.
The once saved-always saved thing is something that different denominations do not always agree on but Jesus did not call a body of beleivers to disagree, we should be focused on the thousands of points we agree on and not the few that we don't.
By their fruit you will know them..what kind of fruit do you produce? Are you visiting the widows and orphans? Feeding and clothing them.
Are any of you sick? Let them call on the elders of the church and let them pray over him and annoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.
We are supposed to be about God's business, loving people and taking care of the sick and poor. Praying effectively. Our greatest witness is when others see Christ reflected in us, not when we beat them over the head with the Bible. I serve a mighty God and I sure hope I don't tie his hands and say he can't do this or won't do that. He is God, He can do whatever He wants.

·
Registered
28 Posts
willowbilly3 said:
Dave, you don't feel the Bible is up for interpretation, yet you yourself are interpreting it as does every soul who ever reads it. And rightly so, if you are born again because God uses every passage to touch the heart of the believer in the way that he needs at that moment. That is not to say that foundational truths are open to interpretation but if you have not love for your brother then you are sounding brass or clanging symbol.
The once saved-always saved thing is something that different denominations do not always agree on but Jesus did not call a body of beleivers to disagree, we should be focused on the thousands of points we agree on and not the few that we don't.
By their fruit you will know them..what kind of fruit do you produce? Are you visiting the widows and orphans? Feeding and clothing them.
Are any of you sick? Let them call on the elders of the church and let them pray over him and annoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.
We are supposed to be about God's business, loving people and taking care of the sick and poor. Praying effectively. Our greatest witness is when others see Christ reflected in us, not when we beat them over the head with the Bible. I serve a mighty God and I sure hope I don't tie his hands and say he can't do this or won't do that. He is God, He can do whatever He wants.

So are you trying to say that all we must do for salvation is do good works and help out the less fortunate? I agree that this is deffinetaly a major part of salvation it is not the only part. Beleiving in god is not just saying "I beleive in God" and then doing good works. Beleiving in god is an all encompassing way of life. It is our job and our responsibilty to be preparing ouselves for the kingdom of God. That means Putting god and gods way in all aspects of life. And doing our best to follow all his laws. Not Just helping out the less fortunate. There are plenty of people who do not even beleive that there is a god but they still devote their lives to helping people out. This is one very small aspect of gods way of life.
http://cgg.org//index.cfm/page/Literature.showResource/CT/ARTB/k/609

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Is that what I said? There isn't anything I can "do" for my salvation, Jesus did it all when He hung on the cross. Loving is what God called us to do, Love him first with all our heart and love our neighbor as ourself.
While I didn't read all of your churches mission statement I do see that they seem to be on track but they admitted to peeling off from a denominational church over interpretation of end time events and prophesies that really do not have a whole lot to do with my day to day devotions. Churches are splitting over whether the rapture is to be believed in or not. Come on now, is this what Jesus wanted?
All the enemy of our souls has to do is keep us bickering about such things and we loose focus thus becoming less affective for God's kingdom.
I really am not out to kick down the props that hold up anyones spirituality. Just that my faith is simple, Love God first, love people. Surrender to Him daily in the reading of the word and prayer. Salvation is a process, not so much an event, although you can chronicle where the process started. Surrendering to God is ALL that is required. Whether you can loose it or not is an issue I don't even have an opinion on becuase there is scriptural substantion for either side. Personally I am not worried about it right now.
I imagine we are getting real close to this converstion being over. As it probably should be.
Years do not produce wisdom but wisdom seldom comes quickly. Keep your heart open son, don't let the doctorine that man molds be a hinderance to your relationship.

·
Registered
331 Posts
willowbilly3 said:
Is that what I said? There isn't anything I can "do" for my salvation, Jesus did it all when He hung on the cross. Loving is what God called us to do, Love him first with all our heart and love our neighbor as ourself.
While I didn't read all of your churches mission statement I do see that they seem to be on track but they admitted to peeling off from a denominational church over interpretation of end time events and prophesies that really do not have a whole lot to do with my day to day devotions. Churches are splitting over whether the rapture is to be believed in or not. Come on now, is this what Jesus wanted?
All the enemy of our souls has to do is keep us bickering about such things and we loose focus thus becoming less affective for God's kingdom.
I really am not out to kick down the props that hold up anyones spirituality. Just that my faith is simple, Love God first, love people. Surrender to Him daily in the reading of the word and prayer. Salvation is a process, not so much an event, although you can chronicle where the process started. Surrendering to God is ALL that is required. Whether you can loose it or not is an issue I don't even have an opinion on becuase there is scriptural substantion for either side. Personally I am not worried about it right now.
I imagine we are getting real close to this converstion being over. As it probably should be.
Years do not produce wisdom but wisdom seldom comes quickly. Keep your heart open son, don't let the doctorine that man molds be a hinderance to your relationship.
Willowbilly, I see a lot of wisdom there! :thumbup:

I don't want to argue over silly things that end up having no or little consequence either. The pursuit of truth is something that I would die for, I have no problem being wrong, but I want to know I am wrong, so I can move on.

Dave, you are a knowledgable man, I've been reading some of your posts to other threads, I think our differences probably are in the balance between law and faith as requirements for a salvation we can be sure of. As far as what I believe to be fact, not interpretation of the word of God, salvation is through faith alone, not by works, and it is a salvation we can be 100% sure of. Paul goes to great lengths explaining this in Romans, and he does so very logically and eloquently. Works are a part of living that faith out in our daily life, they are definitely walking the talk, but not a requirement for salvation.

I'm sorry I got a bit defensive and aggressive yesterday, it wasn't the best day for me. It is true that by talking through things, and studying the word of God, that we can all learn, not by getting all defensive like I did.

Rich

·
Registered
33 Posts
God Bless you all, I’m saddened by the split of Gods church into so many denominations but I am also comforted in the fact that God loves them all right or wrong their still his children trying their best to please him.

And for this reason I consider myself non-denominational, I was dedicated at age 2 seventh day Adventist and rededicated at age 27 protestant then baptized Baptist at 29 now at 36 I attend a Pentecostal church so I believe there’s no point in picking out the small differences, as long as Jesus is the focus and it shows in your daily life, why should we fret the small stuff?
For we have all sinned and fall short of the Glory of God.

Besides God foretold this would happen in the Bible long ago.

5310 naphats (naw-fats');
a primitive root; to dash to pieces, or scatter:
KJV-- be beaten in sunder, break (in pieces), broken, dash (in pieces), cause to be discharged, dispersed, be overspread, scatter.

Dan 2:44-45
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
(KJV)

Dan 12:7-10
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
(KJV)

And as we can now see, THE STAGE IS SET TO SOON BE FINISHED!

Wizz!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts