Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the brake isues worked out. I used a brake booster of a mid 70's Buick wagon that was 2" larger in diameter and 2" fatter to get more vacumn capacity to offset the cam. The rod to the pedal was too short and the pedal would bottom out on the floor. Not a good feeling. So I made a longer rod and now it works right. Got about 50 miles on it and everything seems to be ok. You definately get noticed in it!! I haven't got stopped yet but I'm sure some Barnie Fife will stop me soon.:thumbup:

New pics in gallery..

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
I am sure you have a smile ear to ear! Just to let everyone remember the pride in America:
Dutchman,keep your eyes peeled here.I was at Louisville Street Rods show yesterday.One of our cops here has a Z06 Vette,custom embroidery in the headrest of the Twin Towers,eagle graphic on the hood flanked by two jet fighters,I'll get pics tomorrow if he is back and try to post them here for you guys to see.All blue,stars and stripes!
-Ron-

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Quite a few pics in my gallery of project. The engine is a pump gas 350: 9.5:1, Comp cam, Crane electronic pick up and coil, Msd Al7 box, Holley 750 w/secondary metering block added, Hooker headers, Turbo 400 w/B&M shift kit and aprox 2200 converter. Between the bad gas and the worse traffic up here in the Seattle area anything more is just a pain. I have a filter at the back of the car with a water seperator and a Fram filter up front. You just can't belive how much water there is in gas now. ( Arco is the worst Union 76 the Best) My son in law did the graphics and lay out and I sprayed it. It was our first attempt and although a struggle from the start, it came out good in the end. It's not a show car paint job, But at least we can say We did it. The origonal plan was to race it in SCCA Vintage Class at Seattle and Portlands road race tracks, But I got forced into retirement by Boeing, the big money went away and the plan changed in mid stream. The wing was for the road race car, the body was already drilled and beefed up for the wing so we let it stay. C-3 Vetts have a habbit of being light in the tail at speed and at speeds over 100 it helps, it changes angle with speed to reduce drag and still maintain down force. There's one more open road course date Oct 1st in Seattle and were trieing to get up enough cash to go. Thank for the Intrest..PONY :thumbup:

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Pony said:
. The wing was for the road race car, the body was already drilled and beefed up for the wing so we let it stay. C-3 Vetts have a habbit of being light in the tail at speed and at speeds over 100 it helps, it changes angle with speed to reduce drag and still maintain down force. :

I'm for anything that will improve 100mph+ handling, do you have an extra, my Caprice could really use the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.