Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Big Jim
105 Posts
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/what-did-you-work-today-thread-210870.html

My son and I modified the factory console in his Nova to install a BM Starshifter and made it look factory. Also installed the shifter, wired the neutral safety switch and backup lights. Plus we got it adjusted.

·
Big Jim
105 Posts
If you're talking to Brian, never mind, he don't need a break, he's doing fine. If you're talking to me, thanks.......

If you're talking to Mitch and his door fiasco, he REALLY needs a break.....
I was talking about Pugsy, but you all deserve a break. You've each had your own obstacles along the way. :cool:

·
Big Jim
105 Posts
For the first time in a couple of months my son and I were able to get out to the garage today. :p

We had a very productive day in my opinion. We installed all new brake lines front to back. Put on a new master cylinder plus bled the brakes (great pedal).
For the first time in 7 years the Nova has brakes!!! :thumbup:

Just a couple more things left underneath and we can put in on the ground in prep for firing the motor.

·
Big Jim
105 Posts
I don't expect anyone to read my previous post, so for the rambling.

Brian
Glad to know I'm not the only one that lies awake at night not being able to sleep until a problem solved. Just last night I was awake half the night until I figured out how to run the fuel on the Nova so it will look nice and be functional.

·
Big Jim
105 Posts
Maaan.:drool::cool: Excellent choice of year, in my opinion. I had 71 Ventura post coupe and 75 Nova hatch so your tire well was sorta familiar but not exactly. Cool ride.
This thing was a basket case when we got it. On top of surviving a tornado it was also a rust bucket. So far we've replaced both quarters along with 95 per cent of the trunk floor. Plus rebuilt the motor and tranny.

Best thing is there are 3 generations working on this project. My 12 year old grandson, my youngest son and I. :thumbup:
They provide most of the labor and I provide technical support. :D

·
Big Jim
105 Posts
Can't get pics downloaded for some reason. Did get guage panel and gauges mounted.
Also started running wires and plumbing for the gauges.

Highlight of the day was we finally found a 3 series rear axle for the car. We've always been a day late and dollar short when we did hear of one! Today we were lucky to find 1. Best part its only 50 miles from us! :D:D

p.s. its even got 3.73 gears and a posi! Fits the bill perfectly. (its been a 6 year hunt)

·
Big Jim
105 Posts
March 30th, I could see about 1/2 of my yard from the melt off. In the next 9 days, we got 18" of snow. That melted back to where we were on March 30th over the past week and now we are in a blizzard with 4" on the ground and piling up quickly. MSP airport is nearly closed down because of near zero visibility....WHAT FRIGGEN MONTH IS THIS ???!!!...:mad::mad::mad:
I hear you. No more than het rid of one pile of snow and the next arrives.
Each worse than the one before. Mother Nature needs a Prozac!!

·
Big Jim
105 Posts
My son and I had a red letter day! We fired the motor up in the Nova for the first time since we rebuilt it a couple years ago. We had a couple hiccups along the way (you'll need to check my journal). Needless to say we persevered got it running and the cam broke in. The neighbors didn't even complain about the open headers :D :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts