Hot Rod Forum banner
30141 - 30160 of 35320 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I took my stainless trim to Steve so he can drill the holes for it and then spent 3 1/2 hours at the Ophthalmologist getting ready for cataract surgery and stents in my eyes to relieve pressure for my Glaucoma.

I really enjoyed the first part of my day the most. 😳

John
After you get the surgery done,Steve can paint it any color he want and you wont know it until he is finished,,:D:D:D:D

I will speak your name tonight..:)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
John, if the Doctor asks you if you want lens for far or short distances, consider one of each. I was offered the combination and declined. I thought it was the dumbest thing I had ever heard of. Sorry me. I lost the ability to see close up without glasses. A problem I didn't have before. I did however renew my drivers licence for the first time ever without corrective lens. But not being able to do close up work is VERY frustrating! Talk to your Doctor so you understand !

BB :thumbup::thumbup:
This might not be good after you rearend something with the restored chevy,

www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/cataract-lenses--1-for-close---1-for-distance/...

Yes, there are many possible problems, they are too extensive to go over all of them. You can use the search feature and archives and read about "mono-vision after cataract surgery". This is all I have time to numerate: 1. because you are using only one eye for distance and one for near your vision and depth perception will be less than normal.

·
Grand Prix user
5,471 Posts
'' This one is all orange and I like the two tones,,but I will use a similar color interior ,,as close as I can get to the outside Adobe Beige,:thumbup:

EDIT wrong picture but same color
That orange just looks a bit louder, about the same. I'll have a go at it, might be weekend. That edit project the other night kinda helped me stabilize when I was chaotic. So you want the little bit of tan interior also, right? With rally wheels.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That orange just looks a bit louder, about the same. I'll have a go at it, might be weekend. That edit project the other night kinda helped me stabilize when I was chaotic. So you want the little bit of tan interior also, right? With rally wheels.
yes I will definatly have a lt tan interior amd paint as close as I can get to the pictures,,i know it wont be exact.:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,467 Posts
This is one of the timeless combos of the tri five period, to me. I'm leaning towards this for the '38, but with modern bc/cc metallic in the Sierra Sunset and a LITTLE pearl in the Adobe Beige...:cool:

I like the rendering IDJ made of my car with the roof color blending down into the bottom of the trunk lid...:thumbup:

With recent events, finding funding to paint another car feels a LOOOOONG way off. I really need to build a booth in one of the new shops and get good at painting myself.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
. well ,look what followed me home today..the interior is a little on the,overkill to me,,but that is how it came,it will be alright

Attachments

·
Grand Prix user
5,471 Posts
. well ,look what followed me home today..the interior is a little on the,overkill to me,,but that is how it came,it will be alright
In my best Andy Griffith voice with harsh tone like when Barney fires his revolver in the office...

You beat everything, you know that? Everthang. You beat all!:rolleyes:

I'll be sure to get those pics and give er a go when "the mood" hits.:cool:

By the way, I watched an outstanding DVD on youtube last night...

Thats Death Valley Days TV show, the episode "Graydon's charge".:D Denver Pyle and Ken Curtis (thats Uncle Jesse and Festus) ere both a'sparkin of this widow who cottons to brass buttons. Haw, man. They have multiple fisticuffs. The Festus accent is in full swing but theres not a hint of uncle Jesse, leastwise 'ceptin' fer the gut.:D:D:D Royally good.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
This is one of the timeless combos of the tri five period, to me. I'm leaning towards this for the '38, but with modern bc/cc metallic in the Sierra Sunset and a LITTLE pearl in the Adobe Beige...:cool:

I like the rendering IDJ made of my car with the roof color blending down into the bottom of the trunk lid...:thumbup:

With recent events, finding funding to paint another car feels a LOOOOONG way off. I really need to build a booth in one of the new shops and get good at painting myself.
That is a good looking car,,i had a 57 belair Sedan that color ,I really liked it ,but as always ,I sold it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
In my best Andy Griffith voice with harsh tone like when Barney fires his revolver in the office...

You beat everything, you know that? Everthang. You beat all!:rolleyes:

I'll be sure to get those pics and give er a go when "the mood" hits.:cool:

By the way, I watched an outstanding DVD on youtube last night...

Thats Death Valley Days TV show, the episode "Graydon's charge".:D Denver Pyle and Ken Curtis (thats Uncle Jesse and Festus) ere both a'sparkin of this widow who cottons to brass buttons. Haw, man. They have multiple fisticuffs. The Festus accent is in full swing but theres not a hint of uncle Jesse, leastwise 'ceptin' fer the gut.:D:D:D Royally good.
lol

I bought it and a Honda today ,and a Toyota and a honda Civic yesterday,,i wont be keeping them just flip them for a little extra play money for my projects,,my wife is retiring Aug 30 in a couple weeks so her paydays will come Way down,,she is Production Cornater at Shaw Ind.. ( Warren Buffitt ).

Attachments

·
Grand Prix user
5,471 Posts

Pic removed, barfy trim

That one is best on a 57. :cool: I can't stand to look at 56s, ever since I was a kid. Just yuck but that color was on a lot of them. Wonder if I can still swing a gun.:confused:

·
Grand Prix user
5,471 Posts
Out of all the tri fives from C-B-O-P, 55 and 7 Chevy are the only tolerable ones in the looks department, for me. Its the side spear and grille bars that nix the 56. Only explanation I can offer is that two doors were hardly ever seen. Yes there were tri fives on the road in my living memory! Just seemed like every 56 was a sedan or wagon, maybe thats it.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
For some reason I like the 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe the best. I could be biased a bit. Agree on the 56 grill, it ruins it, but not as bad as the 57 grill. That belongs on a buick twice the size.

·
Grand Prix user
5,471 Posts
For some reason I like the 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe the best. I could be biased a bit. Agree on the 56 grill, it ruins it, but not as bad as the 57 grill. That belongs on a buick twice the size.
There ya go.:thumbup:

I tried to think... if somebody said to me you can have any 50s car but you can't sell it to get cash, what'll it be?

Um. Uuuum... er ah:confused: Pass.:eek:

Pickups, different story. Probably the 56 Ford. :eek::eek::rolleyes: I been soaking in Ford too long.:sweat:

First time I poked around the bodywork on a tri five, with a crash man's eye, I was in disbelief at how they were designed. They appear to be concrete bunkers but are really tar paper shacks.:pain:

·
2,467 Posts
I prefer the '55 hardtop, overall, but like the '56 too. Seems to be the red headed step child of the family...;)
When I was younger, I liked the '57 best, but that was a phase of popularity that has since faded away for me.

My Dad had a '55 2 dr sedan he bought in about 1960. We drove that car on a family camping vacation to Yellowstone, Black Hills and Custer area. I remember every time we stopped for gas, he had to fill the oil pan of that worn out 235 at the same time...:pain: He had a 5 gallon bucket of cheap, bulk, 40 weight in the trunk.

Somewhere I have pics of me and my sister sitting on top of snow drifts on the side of the road and our feet where ABOVE the roof of the car....and it was in late June-early July..:eek:

·
Grand Prix user
5,471 Posts
Yeah Mitch, if youve ever driven a Chevy straight 6 with no hood... you know blowby belches from every orifice when its wide open. I never had a Chevy that held oil.

Real simple, David. Check me on this. TMP is an exception. Humans prefer the styling of vehicles manufactured within several years of their birth.

I like 30s, 40s, 60s, 70s. Theres even a few in the 80s I think look good.

Now, which tri-6 F-body is best? Why?:mwink:

·
2,467 Posts
It burned far more than it leaked. On the long downgrades in the mountains, it obliterated cars behind from the blue smoke screen out the tailpipe...:(

Of the 3 body styles of the 60's GM A bodies, I like the '66-67 best. The Olds doesn't do much for me, but the Gran Sport, GTO and Chevelles are ALL great.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yeah Mitch, if youve ever driven a Chevy straight 6 with no hood... you know blowby belches from every orifice when its wide open. I never had a Chevy that held oil.

Real simple, David. Check me on this. TMP is an exception. Humans prefer the styling of vehicles manufactured within several years of their birth.

I like 30s, 40s, 60s, 70s. Theres even a few in the 80s I think look good.

Now, which tri-6 F-body is best? Why?:mwink:
By far a 65 GTO,,i traded mine a sedan not a hardtop for a 64 GTO convertible so my wife could drive it it was an automatic with air,,the 65 was Very Radical,,421 tri power 4 speed Reed cam and a lot more,,it was thirstu but gas was around 28 cents and regular for 25 cents,

btw I will be 68 next month,, but like about anything before 72

But as far as F body a 70 split bumper Z28,

Attachments

30141 - 30160 of 35320 Posts