Hot Rod Forum banner

30161 - 30180 of 34026 Posts

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,225 Posts
Now, which tri-6 F-body is best? Why?:mwink:
Oops, I read this wrong earlier and transposed it to A body...:embarrass

'67-69 F body.....hmmm....I gotta go with a '67 ss/rs for best looks.

Why ???? Because I own one...:D

I got the rear seat interior out of the basement today and installed back in the car. The right hinge bracket at the floor was torn loose for the fold down seat and I welded that back in place yesterday. The wifey will be happy once I get the front buckets and console out of the basement too. It wont be quite as overwhelming to think about moving everything we have "acquired" down there.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I was at the shop today installing a tailgate assist bar,,and this came in for some repairs,,it is original except has had a paint job,,,notice the old bubble wrap seat covers,like everyone use to install,,

Attachments

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
That seat is cool.:cool:

The replies were discouraging, not gonna lie about that. I did my best.:rolleyes:

What else is going on?:)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
IF you were splitting hairs..

GM F platform. The only two vehicles to have been built using the F-Body platform are the Chevrolet Camaro and the Pontiac Firebird. The fourth character in the Vehicle Identification Number for an F-body car is "F", on Fourth Generation vehicles. Earlier Camaros and Firebirds had differing VIN codes, but are now commonly referred to as F-bodies.

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
1968 Chevy II Nova. 1st year of that body style, last year for the Chey II name. Therefore a 1 year only.
Novas are X-bodies.

I just keep rocking gently, fetal in a corner, repeating to myself: This is only a test. Whew.

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
Ain't John's car baddass? Man, I danced a little jig over that. Woohoo, John! Many congrats. Wow. Well done, lads.:cool::thumbup:

Reactions: John long

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,225 Posts
Speaking of the Pontiac side of the clan, I do like them, but they are, as planned, a more luxury edition than a Camaro. The one I like best, of course, is the '69 Trans Am. A car I could never afford to buy, but this car is pretty darn nice...:cool:

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,705 Posts
OK What about this is it better.:D

Ha....there's still a light attached....:mwink:...but getting there.

You never know, they may grow on me over time as I find lots of cars now that I thought were ugly before are looking better....guess that's what happens when one gets old.

Reactions: 496CHEVY3100

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
Sorry I must've had a senior moment lol. Then it has to be the 1967 Camaro. Just because only year with wing window.
I done gave all the credit for snafuage to pharmaceuticals. Same thing was happening to me last couple days in real life too, and it was a mind boggling eye opener. Like I switched to Spanish or something. Everybody just stop trying please. I don't understand and can't even manage to shake the subject. My head still hurts. Only a test. Ooonly a test. I need to sit deep in a forest and just be for a spell.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Ha....there's still a light attached....:mwink:...but getting there.

You never know, they may grow on me over time as I find lots of cars now that I thought were ugly before are looking better....guess that's what happens when one gets old.
They brought it in the shop to be repainted,, (just painted at another shop ),but they didnt finish the filler repairs correct and looks like they painted it over sand paper..it will cost more to redo the job than they would have spent to do it right the start with..when will they learn.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,705 Posts
They brought it in the shop to be repainted,, (just painted at another shop ),but they didnt finish the filler repairs correct and looks like they painted it over sand paper..it will cost more to redo the job than they would have spent to do it right the start with..when will they learn.

They never learn....it's getting bad out there....:rolleyes:

30161 - 30180 of 34026 Posts