Hot Rod Forum banner

33601 - 33620 of 34026 Posts

·
Cars, Trucks, Boats, Motorcycl
7,365 Posts
That prompted the question... Do they still make Mercury cars, or? :confused:
Mercury cars kinda quietly died 11 years ago along with Pontiac and Saturn...

The Pontiac Solstice sports car was also sold as the Saturn Sky, the Opel GT, and the Korean Daewoo GX2 sports cars... all gone...

Oldsmobile after 100 years and Plymouth died earlier...

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,705 Posts

The Pontiac Solstice sports car was also sold as the Saturn Sky, the Opel GT, and the Korean Daewoo GX2 sports cars... all gone...

A real shame because GM has no cars that look good now.

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
There was a plain 3800 swapped Fiero, pretty together car, on nearby CL that I saw recent. Two grand.:mwink:

I have a tiny true story but the details have faded...

There was a time, as a bodyman, when I drove my Olds V8 powered Oldsmobile to an Oldsmobile dealer and worked on Oldsmobiles in a uniform shirt with my name and Oldsmobile (only) on it. Some of my best years, Grape didn't have hail damage yet but no Cragars either. But, I worked on one of the last 500 Oldsmobiles. It was an '03 Bravada, specially marked. Best I can remember, either I took part in the predelivery make ready process or fixed some minor transit damage. Just another brown SUV with a fancy 500 stitched on the seats or something. It absolutely tore my heart out, letting my beloved Oldsmobile go. It caught a bullet hole within a month of sale. Door glass saved a gal from catching it in the leg though. I don't see it around town anymore.:(

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think I'm finally finished working on all of the lawn equipment around here. Push mower was sputtering and hunting a little, so I pulled the tank/carb thing and replaced the diaphragm between them. Smooth running B&S now. My ABS soup seem to be getting better. I've been leaving the lid off of the mason jar and stirring it with a plastic fork every few minutes while I was working on other stuff. The fitting is completely melted, and the chunks are gone now, and it is beginning to thicken.

I finally fixed the 3rd brake light in the camper shell on my truck. I'm legal now, woo-hoo! The painter had cut the wire when he pulled the bed off, and never fixed it. I didn't realize it until I put the shell back on recently and couldn't find the wires. Now if I can just get the dash fixed...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
There was a plain 3800 swapped Fiero, pretty together car, on nearby CL that I saw recent. Two grand.:mwink:

I have a tiny true story but the details have faded...

There was a time, as a bodyman, when I drove my Olds V8 powered Oldsmobile to an Oldsmobile dealer and worked on Oldsmobiles in a uniform shirt with my name and Oldsmobile (only) on it. Some of my best years, Grape didn't have hail damage yet but no Cragars either. But, I worked on one of the last 500 Oldsmobiles. It was an '03 Bravada, specially marked. Best I can remember, either I took part in the predelivery make ready process or fixed some minor transit damage. Just another brown SUV with a fancy 500 stitched on the seats or something. It absolutely tore my heart out, letting my beloved Oldsmobile go. It caught a bullet hole within a month of sale. Door glass saved a gal from catching it in the leg though. I don't see it around town anymore.:(
If you were not so far away,,i have a Low Mileage Fiero CHEAP CHEAP but it is a 4 cyl 5 speed ,body is great but been sitting under trees so it has stain on thhe paint would have to be buffed and cleaned.

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
If you were not so far away,,i have a Low Mileage Fiero CHEAP CHEAP but it is a 4 cyl 5 speed ,body is great but been sitting under trees so it has stain on thhe paint would have to be buffed and cleaned.
Lots of shade is great but man, trees are rough on older car paint... you got that right!:thumbup:

Cheap beyond cheep if you come get that 72 GP sinking in my yard.:sweat: No extra charge for the moss.:embarrass

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Lots of shade is great but man, trees are rough on older car paint... you got that right!:thumbup:

Cheap beyond cheep if you come get that 72 GP sinking in my yard.:sweat: No extra charge for the moss.:embarrass
Same price as the fiero,,lol,,with 1 owner clear title.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

The moss and dirt i pressuere washed with purple power ,1st picture after pressure wash,,most came off but the walnut tree leaf stains are a booger,i tried buffing it with compoung,,but ended up sanding with 600m,,2000,,now starting with 5000 ultra fine 3m,,a couple of before and after,,

i havent got to work on it in about a week,,i have been cleaning shop and getting rid of stuff i dont Have To Have to make room for more pallett racks,,and the 2 copperheads didnt help anything either work stopped.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

What a shame for Oldsmobile ,,most dont realise they were made 6 years before Ford,,i think around 1896,,my guess probably 1st american car,,Excluding buggies,, Mercedes built the First car if i remember correct...but my memory isnt always correct.

·
Registered
537 Posts
My ABS soup seems to be working. I pasted a section last night that was cracked through. 1st pic. There will still be a small chip of missing plastic on the other side, unless I get brave enough to try to fill it. 2nd pic is of an area that I pasted just a few minutes bafore. There was a large chunk broken out that I glued back in with the soup first, then pasted the back side for build-up. It has skinned over in the pic. Once all this hardens good I can finish cleaning and prep for the SEM dye coat. 3rd pic is of my soup and picnic fork applicator. Looks tasty, huh? 20200807_103427.jpg 20200807_110640.jpg 20200807_103522.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
Same price as the fiero,,lol,,with 1 owner clear title.
You couldn't give me a Fiero. Or a 6000, a T1000, J2000, Sunfire, Sunbird, Vibe, Montana, Torrent, Grand Am, Phoenix, Astre, GXP, Solstice, Parisienne, Bonneville, fwd Le Mans, G3, G6, G5, G8, Safari, Grand Ville, TransSport, Aztek, Deluxe, Torpedo, Chieftain, Star Chief, or most Firebirds. With a clear title. No want.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You couldn't give me a Fiero. Or a 6000, a T1000, J2000, Sunfire, Sunbird, Vibe, Montana, Torrent, Grand Am, Phoenix, Astre, GXP, Solstice, Parisienne, Bonneville, fwd Le Mans, G3, G6, G5, G8, Safari, Grand Ville, TransSport, Aztek, Deluxe, Torpedo, Chieftain, Star Chief, or most Firebirds. With a clear title. No want.
Oh man, now you've gone and done it! How dare you lump the Awesome Astre into that mix of derelicts! H-bodies Rule! Well, at least once you get them re-powered the way the good General SHOULD have done it. Ha!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had an 84 Fiero 2M4. Very underpowered, but otherwise fun to drive. A supercharged 3800 would wake one up quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

You forgot one,,they were not race cars but a very fun car,for a 73 ,74, i have had 2 ,one white and 1 Green ,,both had White interion,,,never saw one with red like this,..but the 455 makes up for anything else.:cool::cool:

Attachments

33601 - 33620 of 34026 Posts