Hot Rod Forum banner

34021 - 34026 of 34026 Posts

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
Awesome stuff!

Brian(y)
That especially means something coming from a 50s truck guy. :)

The awesomest part is pushbutton start 700 HP (owner claim), six speed auto and non-Gumby chassis! ;)

F1 guy made a gesture describing how he wants to just plop into the seat and have his elbow fall on a big cushy console with his hand dropping right onto the shifter. The look on his face makes a fellow want to do awesome for The Man. Of course Mike snapped him out of the vision, mentioning paddle shift for the steering wheel. He said "Really?"

Told ya I'd hack frame today-
20200922_151647.jpg 20200922_161552.jpg

:D

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Frame is cut.

Lots of notching, checking and more notching and checking before I am ready for tacks. Everything lines up I just want the two pieces to slide into each other 2" and that is going to require a lot of notching. I just pulled them apart before the picture. There will be gussets and such added on top of the two sliding into each other.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
By the time you make the cut, there will be enough dirt to dig a moat around it so you can level it old school. ;)
I am collecting the rust chips into a container as they come off the frame for kicks. It is always a good amount with something this old.
Up to 28 lbs.
Just think of it as weight reduction.

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,225 Posts
F1 guy made a gesture describing how he wants to just plop into the seat and have his elbow fall on a big cushy console with his hand dropping right onto the shifter. The look on his face makes a fellow want to do awesome for The Man. Of course Mike snapped him out of the vision, mentioning paddle shift for the steering wheel. He said "Really?"
Tell F-1 Man, real men don't shift with their thumbs, they need a stick on the floor. Paddle shifters...pppfffttt...:rolleyes:

My son and I spent 7 hours today, blowing 47 more bags of insulation. I'm as far as I can go with that now and need to proceed with the rest of the ceiling tin. That upper level, above the door, was "cozy". It goes from near zero clearance at the purlins to 32" at the peak. Lots of squatting, belly crawling along the planks and general crampedness...is that a word ??? I guess it is now...;)

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
I am collecting the rust chips into a container as they come off the frame for kicks. It is always a good amount with something this old.
Up to 28 lbs.
Just think of it as weight reduction.

View attachment 524037
Right on. I knew you were going to sweep soon anyway but couldn't help myself. Guys at the shop just adore the indirect ways in which I bring their attention to stuff.

Like the new guy, from California. Double parks every day and gets there first. Runs one of us off in the gravel. I guess if you hail from out there, any empty parking found is like money piles, you just can't help but wallow in it and get it all over ya. Haha.

But serious, I made it clear to everyone else other day by loudly congratulating the whole crew for a fluke day when nobody parked stupid. Even waited until NG pulled out his earbuds to proclaim from six feet away that "We do not have reserved parking here. Theres not even stripes, OK? Each individual parks in the next available slot! Please!"

No effect. Looks like we should all be riding a short bus to work judging by the parking slop. Its ignorant. I probably caused it by parking in the same spot for nine years.:rolleyes:

Today I just kinda nosed the GTP right up there good and tight behind the Scion wagon with half a space on each side. I will continue ramping up the indirect hints since being blunt never works. If I yelled he might cry.

What astute observer can name this part-to-be?

Sorry bout the random rant. We do get epic piles from time to time. I am fussy about sweeping but nowadays just have to live with what broom guy does in my stall. He is improving but also oblivious about things I tell him outright. I just go with it now. The peeves, that is. When they bunch up on me I have trouble. ;)

Reactions: 123pugsy

·
Grand Prix user
5,344 Posts
Tell F-1 Man, real men don't shift with their thumbs, they need a stick on the floor. Paddle shifters...pppfffttt...:rolleyes:

My son and I spent 7 hours today, blowing 47 more bags of insulation. I'm as far as I can go with that now and need to proceed with the rest of the ceiling tin. That upper level, above the door, was "cozy". It goes from near zero clearance at the purlins to 32" at the peak. Lots of squatting, belly crawling along the planks and general crampedness...is that a word ??? I guess it is now...;)
I struggled for authentic inflection but failed, there wasn't time at lunch...

Mike is one of the two dudes with Corvette tattoos. His is a Z06.

Now you have the right context. ;)

F1 man's tone said, to me, even though he and Biscayne Lady do seem like slushbox types...

"Thats not for me." (re: paddle shift)

So yeah. Now you know. Takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. The Z06 loving but not having man owns a blown Vicky and 68 Camaro convertible and they both just sit. All apart. One in rain.

Be that as it may, an elder rodder bud on another site who has one of these trucks and redid it right before you could get fenders or hoods new for them...

tossed out an idea I thought was wacky as can be but I tried it r'kwik on a sketch and well I'll be... might be something hombre de F1 would dig.

That primed my idea pump and niftyish stuff may have came out. I had been concentrating on tail lights but my subconscious kicked this out. I think it is left hemisphere of brain trying to get some licks in because the right half kept trying to complicate it. Only showing you half now and forgetting tail lights for the moment because I can see them in multiple places with this arrangement. Shown in the "erase all you want" draft phase-

End of today, boss was walking up and I grabbed the door/post and rocked the whole truck on the suspension. Cab is bolted down, sez me. "Good! He seems pretty happy." Sez he.

Ah. :)

I'm not even gonna trouble you guys for tail light ideas. Having too much fun doing five minutes of art a day.

Reactions: 123pugsy
34021 - 34026 of 34026 Posts