Hot Rod Forum banner

34241 - 34260 of 34431 Posts

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,926 Posts
Good stuff Mitch. Now you just need to move south and do it all again, ha.......

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,926 Posts
Peeling off the lid from the can of worms.............
Looks like spray foam. Did GM use some kind of product like this upon assembly? It hasn't been opened by anyone else before.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,926 Posts
That was GM's favorite sealer/anti-vibration product thru the 60's and into the 70's. Makes for a LOT of rust issues in all their vehicles.
Amazingly, that's not the issue here. It's from the edges inwards.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Placed the s10 cab on the frame close to it's final position.

It is just sitting on there as I need to build a entire floor to lower the cab.

I am raising the floor/seat around 8" while maintaining the floor area around the pedals. You can imagine what the wheel well arch will look like from the picture below.

Then I can cut the bottom of the floor out and it should look something like this.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The Z-28 is essentially back together. I hooked averything up except the coolant hoses and cranked it over to see if there was still magic in the OPTI. Fired right up, so I was very happy about that. Power steering pump is on and I bled the air out before putting the belt on. I had to order a new intake elbow since the OEM rubber one is toast. PO messed it up at some point, and I thought I got it on right the last couple of times I've had it off. No dice. The bottom is mangled pretty bad. I don't know how it ran as well as it did with unmetered/unfiltered air coming in from the bottom of the elbow. Summit didn't have the rubber elbow any more, so I had to order the aluminum Trick-Flow kit. Same price as the rubber used to be. Now it's time to do something fun, like drive something old with fins. (y)

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,330 Posts
Got the rest of the knee wall above the back room finished today. What a huge difference that made. I could feel a draft from the cold air spilling over the wall from the loft, as I went along. I left the rest of the roll of insulation in the access door opening to block that too and it got much more comfortabe working in the shop. Now to finish installing the chute vents and get the tin up.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Headed out to the garage to piddle a bit on the camaro and put tools away. I had to re-route one of the heater hoses to get it off of the pump pulley, and used the mighty-vac on the power steering reservoir. I noticed a slight aroma when I was walking around the front of the car, but didn't see what it was until I got ready to put my tools away. Nice. Stupid cat got into the garage last night while I was out cruising the fins. Caught her hiding in the Camaro.
20201025_120330.jpg
20201025_120343.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I made a mess today.

Gutted most of the 94's interior.

$150 for a 26 year old truck that drove onto a trailer I was planning on the floor being gone. Hey the doors still close straight though. The drivers hinge pin is trashed. But it still closes straight once the door is lifted a bit. It just means I will need to build the raised floor with the doors still on and closed.

·
2,330 Posts
Headed out to the garage to piddle a bit on the camaro and put tools away. I had to re-route one of the heater hoses to get it off of the pump pulley, and used the mighty-vac on the power steering reservoir. I noticed a slight aroma when I was walking around the front of the car, but didn't see what it was until I got ready to put my tools away. Nice. Stupid cat got into the garage last night while I was out cruising the fins. Caught her hiding in the Camaro. View attachment 524797 View attachment 524798

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
At least it didn't crap in the car.

·
2,330 Posts
The wife and I got the last girts up, the ceiling to wall trims and plastic. What a huge difference in the heater being able to warm the shop, just with the plastic blocking the heat from escaping as quickly and the cold flowing in. We did get the short panel at the access hole up, but we quit there. The next panel will take time to measure and cut accurately to fit around the rest of the hole. We took a break from this time eater and watched a netflix and relaxed.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Played around with the s10 for a couple hours gutting it further.

Roof is done:cool: I like the look of a naked roof

Originally I thought I could accommodate the use of the factory pedal location. But I am starting to lean towards building a 3 pedal combo and have floor mounted pedals. 1800-2000lbs is looking like a real realistic final weight and I believe I can get away with a manual master pushing the s10 calipers. Doing so will allow me to move the floor up even further then planned and lower the cab by the same amount.

Attachments

34241 - 34260 of 34431 Posts