Hot Rod Forum banner

34321 - 34340 of 34400 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I have my well liner finished ready to staple and my top pads about 75% done.

I'm just like the man who jumped off the Empire State Building. Going past the 43rd floor he said "So far, so good.". 😜

John

View attachment 525186
good to see you working on 'Precious " again .i am doing a little work again probably get more done now that the weather is getting colder,, No Mowing and home repair:coffee:

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Started building a top feed wood burner for the barn out of a 55 gallon barrel, some exhaust tubing, and a blower. 5 minutes into welding I ran out of wire.

It's a bit windy out. Calling it a Netflix night and sitting on my butt. I will just pick up the wire tomorrow.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,907 Posts
Hey, keep your wind down there. You got our lights flickering a few times already.
I may be watching Netflix in my car later hooked up to the charger.....

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,320 Posts
Wow, that's rare for no rot thru around the windshield.
That's an odd cavity in the corner of the roof ??
We had very high winds this morning too, but they did let up some this afternoon.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,907 Posts
Wow, that's rare for no rot thru around the windshield.
That's an odd cavity in the corner of the roof ??
We had very high winds this morning too, but they did let up some this afternoon.
The car has great bones. Could tell from the pics on the eBay ad. There is solder on the inside of the A pillar at the corner creating a weird look. Need to melt some out of there without cracking the glass or de-laminating the glue....hmm......a carbide burr maybe?

·
2,320 Posts
The car has great bones. Could tell from the pics on the eBay ad. There is solder on the inside of the A pillar at the corner creating a weird look. Need to melt some out of there without cracking the glass or de-laminating the glue....hmm......a carbide burr maybe?
Yeah, a burr would eat it out quickly. I would avoid heat high enough to melt solder/braze.
A small, hand held, torch MIGHT keep the heat localized on the area, but you would still want wet towels on the glass to absorb any migrating heat.
I see they call them "kitchen torches", maybe do a search.
I tried to attach a pic, but this new format still won't let me import a pic without first downloading it to my computer. This site has gone to heck. I spend my time on the Supercar forum now. That's where I found the 2 hoods I bought last week.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,907 Posts
Yeah, a burr would eat it out quickly. I would avoid heat high enough to melt solder/braze.
A small, hand held, torch MIGHT keep the heat localized on the area, but you would still want wet towels on the glass to absorb any migrating heat.
I see they call them "kitchen torches", maybe do a search.
I tried to attach a pic, but this new format still won't let me import a pic without first downloading it to my computer. This site has gone to heck. I spend my time on the Supercar forum now. That's where I found the 2 hoods I bought last week.
Thanks.

You don't download your pics to your computer?
All mine are on my desktop and from there automatically backed up to a 1 TB drive.

·
Slow but willing learner
5,153 Posts

Thanks.

You don't download your pics to your computer?
All mine are on my desktop and from there automatically backed up to a 1 TB drive.

That is weird. With the old system, I had to download my pictures to a hosting site like PhotoBucket. With the new system the forum will download my pictures directly from my Ipad or Iphone and resize them too. It has taken a little getting used to but it seems to work well for me.

I do miss being able to see who is looking at a thread. It used to be fun to see who was reading what had been posted.

John

·
2,320 Posts
I was trying to load a pic I took off a web page and this site doesn't allow a "paste" option in the insert box. I don't own one of the torches I was referring too and didn't want to load the pic on my computer just to post it.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,907 Posts
I was trying to load a pic I took off a web page and this site doesn't allow a "paste" option in the insert box. I don't own one of the torches I was referring too and didn't want to load the pic on my computer just to post it.

I've been loading pics from online to my computer to post in threads to help guys out since I've been posting to forums....damn...

·
2,320 Posts
We USED to be able to just paste a pic we picked up off a web page and I did that all the time. Now it just comes up as a link, not a pic.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,907 Posts
We USED to be able to just paste a pic we picked up off a web page and I did that all the time. Now it just comes up as a link, not a pic.
Damn....did I ever waste a lot of time. Anywho, I'm now used to it, so no sweat really.
Just wish guys wouldn't take off on account of the few changes the new format brings.
Some things are better like posting pics for me. Drag and drop, done.

34321 - 34340 of 34400 Posts