Hot Rod Forum banner

34801 - 34820 of 34875 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
A little more mower work this evening. A welch plug fell off of my carb, so I ordered a couple from the local SCAG dealer over a week ago. No parts yet. Well, I have grass (weeds) to mow, so I need this thing going. Have a couple of larger welch plugs and an angle grinder, so I get to work. I get it ground down, and it actually still looks round, and it fits in the hole. Drop it in, punch it in the middle, and put a bit of gray silicone over it to seal it. Should be good to go until the new parts come in. Left to my own devices I'm gonna figure something out to get my junk going again. I want to support local business, but geeze...
I'm still waiting on the driveshaft for the 57, too.
IMG_20210420_203237707.jpg
IMG_20210420_203224730.jpg
IMG_20210420_203452096_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210420_204120025.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

Attachments

·
True Hotrodder
1,574 Posts
That pie looks great. I like it with vanilla ice cream and a little bit of cinnamon and sugar.

Anyway, I mentioned before some of the things that I have to tackle with Elvira - by the way, I named the dragster Elvira because one, she's my favorite horror gal and how can you not like her? Second, every time I work on Elvira I am going to manage to bleed somehow - lol!

It's going on 5 days since all this mess came up. My son with the Vette roadster went to the final on Sunday only to have a .020 red light bring it a little bit short. But after two seasons, it's nice to finally have that ride in a final. I have a new water pump on the way, the trans has to come out - and rather than just replace the band I will go through the entire unit plus I have decided to move a couple of switches around which will help me resolve the SLE issue. Next TnT is 4/30, next race is 5/8. I plan on doing a lot better. My son is currently leading points in Pro and I'm only 170 points out of 1st in Super Pro. Super Pro has 248 drivers contesting the points race and Pro has 148. Is this crazy or what?

The title of this thread sometimes amuses me as it's not so much what I actually worked on today as it is what roadmap did I lay out today to do the work? I probably spend as much time planning my work as I do actually performing the work - but when you work alone mostly, planning is a key ingredient to success.

I did get one thing done today that I had wanted for quite a bit of time. Sometimes getting a "dead" ride in and out of the garage can be a real bear. In the past I have used a come-along attached to my grinder bench in the corner to slowly - I said slowly pull a car into the garage space. I don't have a huge slope getting into the garage but it's enough to make pushing a car in by yourself just about impossible. On the other side of the garage I have a regular 32" entrance door. I picked up a cheap 2000 pound winch, did a little work and attached it to the middle of a 50" piece of 4x4 post. Now I can open that door, lay the post on the exterior side of the door and winch those dead sleds in almost pronto!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You are a good man David. 👍

I am in striking distance of finishing the drivers side door panel.

View attachment 615883

I had some Granny Smith apples in the frig that really needed to be eaton so I baked a pie today. Shoot man, I even made the crust..............Glad I've got some vanilla ice cream :))

John

View attachment 615884
The panels look great,but the pie looks delisous
You are a good man David. 👍

I am in striking distance of finishing the drivers side door panel.

View attachment 615883

I had some Granny Smith apples in the frig that really needed to be eaton so I baked a pie today. Shoot man, I even made the crust..............Glad I've got some vanilla ice cream :))

John

View attachment 615884
Door panel looks great, But the apple pie looks delicious ,,wish i could eat a piece,but not on my diet list.:coffee:

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,437 Posts
Been working , SLOWLY, on the Camaro. I skinned the left side quarter, replacing rusted wheel house sections as well.

Right side needed a complete quarter. I got all the remnants of the previous mess off and test fitted the AMD panel I have. NOT impressed with the fit of finish of this part. I'm looking around for a "reasonable" priced NOS quarter now. I passed on one last fall, because I thought this AMD panel was going to be as close to original as they brag. I HATE hindsight. I should have bought that GM panel... :mad:

Seems I was too irritated and didn't take a pic of the panel on the car...:ROFLMAO:

·
Semper Gumby
389 Posts
That pie looks great. I like it with vanilla ice cream and a little bit of cinnamon and sugar.

Anyway, I mentioned before some of the things that I have to tackle with Elvira - by the way, I named the dragster Elvira because one, she's my favorite horror gal and how can you not like her? Second, every time I work on Elvira I am going to manage to bleed somehow - lol!

It's going on 5 days since all this mess came up. My son with the Vette roadster went to the final on Sunday only to have a .020 red light bring it a little bit short. But after two seasons, it's nice to finally have that ride in a final. I have a new water pump on the way, the trans has to come out - and rather than just replace the band I will go through the entire unit plus I have decided to move a couple of switches around which will help me resolve the SLE issue. Next TnT is 4/30, next race is 5/8. I plan on doing a lot better. My son is currently leading points in Pro and I'm only 170 points out of 1st in Super Pro. Super Pro has 248 drivers contesting the points race and Pro has 148. Is this crazy or what?

View attachment 615885

The title of this thread sometimes amuses me as it's not so much what I actually worked on today as it is what roadmap did I lay out today to do the work? I probably spend as much time planning my work as I do actually performing the work - but when you work alone mostly, planning is a key ingredient to success.

I did get one thing done today that I had wanted for quite a bit of time. Sometimes getting a "dead" ride in and out of the garage can be a real bear. In the past I have used a come-along attached to my grinder bench in the corner to slowly - I said slowly pull a car into the garage space. I don't have a huge slope getting into the garage but it's enough to make pushing a car in by yourself just about impossible. On the other side of the garage I have a regular 32" entrance door. I picked up a cheap 2000 pound winch, did a little work and attached it to the middle of a 50" piece of 4x4 post. Now I can open that door, lay the post on the exterior side of the door and winch those dead sleds in almost pronto!
I do a somewhat similar thing, exept that, right outside my entrance door, is a 100 foot Douglas Fir that is about 3 feet thick at the base, so I attach the winch to THAT using a trucker's cargo strap around the tree trunk. Then the winch hauls the non-running ride into the shop for me.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Having a issue with the govener on the 18hp opposed briggs in the 78 Wheelhorse. Going to tear the briggs down and if need be replace it with a 22hp predatior unit.

In the mean time I need something to keep the grass short so I picked up this unit today.

It has half what I paid for it in new parts and is a stupid simple unit. I did even more yard work tearing down a thorn bush, a birdfeeder/post, and a clothesline with post so I can play with my new toy tomorrow before starting on the 79 F150's suspension.

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
822 Posts
This is my first post to this thread. Replaced the Corvette 2-4 servo with a Sonnax super servo...

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,322 Posts
This is my first post to this thread. Replaced the Corvette 2-4 servo with a Sonnax super servo...

You feeling a harder shift?

34801 - 34820 of 34875 Posts