Hot Rod Forum banner

34821 - 34840 of 34875 Posts

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,322 Posts
It's strange, but it is not really harder, but instantaneous 1-2 , 2-3, and 3-4...zero time between shifts..feels even more like a late model luxury car!!!
Nice. Keep that in mind next time I take my car out.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I took an unwanted break from cutting and buffing my '39 today. Instead my neighbor and I began rebuilding the cedar fence between our backyards! Ugh! After going to Home Depot to get the materials, and getting them all packed into the backyard, we got 4 of the 7 posts dug and set in concrete, and I tossed in the towel.
Got to 80 degrees today, and just too darn hot to be digging holes for me. Supposed to drop to mid 60's tomorrow, so maybe get the other 3 posts set, and we can start screwing cedar boards up.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Some people... Wife called, said the our middle daughter had a blowout in her car. Said she was sitting in a gravel lot near where they are parking some semi trailers just down the road from the house. She called roadside assistance, and then sat there waiting for over 2 hours. My bride and I work about an hour away, but were getting off early today. Since DD 2nd was still waiting we headed that way. We get to where she is, and it's not where we thought she was. She was actually in the parking lot of a tree service shop. These guys work on logging equipment every day. Do you think any of those A-holes offered to help change the tire for a 20 something girl? Nope. They just stood in the shop and watched me change the tire, and didn't walk outside until we were driving off. Nice. Dd 2nd didn't flip them off, but she signaled her displeasure, so to speak. She asked me if I would have been upset if she had. Nope. Not this time, girl. Unreal. I actually expected better from people out here. I have stopped on the side of the road to help people quite a few time over the years. I guess times are changing, and not for the better.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Had a similar situation happen to me a few weeks ago. I pulled into a gas station in my '39 Chev coupe. As I got out to open my trunk to access the fuel cell I saw to my horror a trail of fluid leaking across the ground right up to my car!
I looked underneath and realized my trans line to my cooler had blown off, allowing the trans to pump out a bunch of tranny fluid. I couldn't start it up, or risk pumping more fluid out. But the grocery/retail store next door has an automotive area with fluids, so I told the gas attendant I was going to have to push the car away from the pump and go get tranny fluid, and fix the hose.
I'm not helpless, but at almost 71 it's not exactly easy to push a big car. There's 4 attendants standing there doing nothing, but not one would take a few seconds to help me push the car away from the pumps to park it.
As I was almost over to a parking spot, a gentleman even older than me pulled up, and jumped out to help me push the last few feet. Yet these young guys simply continued watching us push the coupe Friggin amazing!

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 FE
145 Posts
Had a similar situation happen to me a few weeks ago. I pulled into a gas station in my '39 Chev coupe. As I got out to open my trunk to access the fuel cell I saw to my horror a trail of fluid leaking across the ground right up to my car!
I looked underneath and realized my trans line to my cooler had blown off, allowing the trans to pump out a bunch of tranny fluid. I couldn't start it up, or risk pumping more fluid out. But the grocery/retail store next door has an automotive area with fluids, so I told the gas attendant I was going to have to push the car away from the pump and go get tranny fluid, and fix the hose.
I'm not helpless, but at almost 71 it's not exactly easy to push a big car. There's 4 attendants standing there doing nothing, but not one would take a few seconds to help me push the car away from the pumps to park it.
As I was almost over to a parking spot, a gentleman even older than me pulled up, and jumped out to help me push the last few feet. Yet these young guys simply continued watching us push the coupe Friggin amazing!
Dang, that's the saddest thing I've heard all week! People these days...

·
Registered
255 Posts
What a bunch of tossers

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,397 Posts
Damn that is sad that people won't help others. I know I have met the nicest people when I go and help them. I changed the tire for a woman a while ago and it cracked me up, as I was doing it I am pretty sure she could have changed it without any problem, she knew what I was doing. LOL I am thinking she was being a lady allowing me to do it.

Brian

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,322 Posts
I got the inner fenders installed. Had to rewire the headlight relays and all new wires across to feed them. Check out the yellow and white wires to relay. Also note how outer bulbs have hi and low tied together.....wow.....just wow.....

The car should be drive-able (sans hood) later today. Three days rain predicted of course.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I went to a swap meet with the intent to find a limited or spooled 9" 31 3rd with a 3.2 to 4.5 ratio. To replace my open 3.5. I came up bust with several at 6 or above. But I picked up some other stuff.

I dropped 150 and picked up a DBW 05 6.0 harness, ecm, pedal, intake, manifolds, all the acessories, and other extras for the 6.0.

Put down $40 for a pintle hook/2" ball and mount.

Dropped $20 for a bare 9" large 31 spline 3rd.

It has a crack at the pinion bearing. But should be good for narrowing a housing/wall art.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Tough to find reasonably priced 9" Ford differentials in Trac Loc these days. That's one reason I started using 8.8" Ford rear axles. They're $110-$220 here in 3.56, 3.73, or 4.10 posi.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Yea. If it comes to it I have been going back and forth on that speedway limited slip 3rd.

$900 complete ready to drop in at any ratio I want. If shipping is nuts I have a amazon hub 30 minutes away I can pick one up in person.

But if I have 3 months left of building to keep an eye out and longer if I rebuild the current leaking open 3rd. If nothing turns up then there is always that speedway unit.

34821 - 34840 of 34875 Posts