Hot Rod Forum banner
35141 - 35160 of 35176 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Started on my motor mounts. Checked the engine offset and found out all that bouncing had moved the front of the thing over almost 2". So fixed that and the engine is offset so the driveshaft is within a degree left to right and up/down.

Checked placment on the passenger/drivers side with a piece of cardboard before determining I need these 6" wide to work how I want.
Rough cut that was then grinded down to be true.
Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt Gas

Slapped the plate down cut the angle to match the frame then determined where the bisciut would actually end up.

Building material Wood Gas Composite material Concrete

Attaches to a nice thick part of the frame. I of course cleaned this up before welding
Wood Gas Automotive exterior Metal Door

Playing around with cardboard to check placment. The extensions will line up with the outside ring of the biscuit.

Hand tool Automotive tire Saw Wood Bumper

Then finally drilled the hole
Wood Automotive tire Metalworking hand tool Gas Auto part

Gas Gadget Wood Circle Metal

Installed the biscuit tight then checked everything a second then 3rd time before welding.

It has 2 1" side welds and a 6" weld on the bottom with 2 tacks on top. It will get much stronger as I final weld and add the large outer gussets.

Automotive tire Tread Wood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,467 Posts
Thanks guys. I did instal the seat and road about an hour today. Much better. Calling this a success story!

John

View attachment 618668
I know you had mentioned getting a Harley again,. last we talked. I went back thru the last 8 pages to see when this occured and didn't find anything.
Bike looks really clean and I'm glad you took the leap and got back on one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
😅😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Went to start up 1 ton the custom toro gts 6.5 that I had tweaked to make about 9-10 hp and opened the liberal repellent valve, ( an attachment that unloads motor oil into the carb, blows enough smoke to cover the neighborhood with a nice haze), long story short hydro locked. the piston is coming up to where it is supposed to. just need to clear it from motor oil.

Here is the puddle of 10w- 30
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive parking light Tread

the little bottle sitting on the gas tank is what holds the oil, fed through 3/8s fuel like to a red fuel shut-off valve.
Wheel Tire Toy Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,467 Posts
Centerline? Your handy work?
Yes, I needed the frame rack to get it all straight and fitted. NOT something I could do at home.
Dave, the owner, helped with the frame pulling, but I did the body pull in the back to get the door gap back.
You can see how far the B pillar was into the door...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, I needed the frame rack to get it all straight and fitted. NOT something I could do at home.
Dave, the owner, helped with the frame pulling, but I did the body pull in the back to get the door gap back.
You can see how far the B pillar was into the door...

looks much better now.

·
Slow but willing learner
5,382 Posts
I know you had mentioned getting a Harley again,. last we talked. I went back thru the last 8 pages to see when this occured and didn't find anything.
Bike looks really clean and I'm glad you took the leap and got back on one.
I think I probably put it on my build thread Mitch. It is a 2016 ultra Limited with 13 Thousand miles on it.. A clean bike for sure. i am finding the mobility in my hips has declined drastically in the last few years and riding is a bit more challenging than I anticipated.

I bought the bike from a lady. It has never had a passenger on the rear seat so I think it has had a pretty pampered life. I am excited to own it.

John

35141 - 35160 of 35176 Posts