Hot Rod Forum banner
35161 - 35180 of 35266 Posts

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,654 Posts
Funny you guys mention the jogging thing. I hit the gym the last two mornings and every muscle is sore as heck now trying to get healthy. Weird business, this exercising. I guess I shouldn't have oughtta tried picking up where I left off almost 2 years ago. o_O

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Killed 1/2 a day. Lots of checking and measuring.

Current driveline angles checked again.
The spring purches are not welded yet. I can get it closer by rotating the pinion a bit.
Font Watch Electronic signage Gas Display device

Have the bottom extension plates done and made the extensions.

Wood Gas Beam Bumper Building material

I need a few hours more to improve the fit before tacking, removing, and final welding.

Wood Wood stain Flooring Floor Hardwood

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 FE
240 Posts
A couple weeks ago I got a smoking deal on an old stock open box Polaris winch at work, so I decided to build a rear bumper and winch mount for my golf cart. This will likely be used to drag logs at the farm, but I will be able to winch backwards if I get in a sticky situation off-roading. I fabbed it up last week/weekend and yesterday I put the last coat of paint on the rear bumper. After finishing my homework around 2am I couldn't sleep so I started mounting the bumper along with the winch solenoid and automatic fairlead stop interrupter thingy.

Initial mock-up last weekend plus my doggo:

Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle Door Motor vehicle

Where I stopped around 4 this morning:

Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Hood

Maybe I'll finish my homework early tonight and actually get something done! Probably not.

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
5,654 Posts
Damn. Weather is really crazy these days. The grass around here has been green since spring. Not just my lawn, but along the sides of the highways which usually turn brownish yellow. I imagine this cycle will be here til we're gone. :mad:

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 FE
240 Posts
Damn. Weather is really crazy these days. The grass around here has been green since spring. Not just my lawn, but along the sides of the highways which usually turn brownish yellow. I imagine this cycle will be here til we're gone. :mad:
Yeah, similar situation here in Illinois. The grass just started turning brown the beginning of last week. Normally by mid July it's toasted.

Thankfully our local all Ford car show today had decent weather. A little hot, but we'll take it.

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,467 Posts
Our weather sucked this summer. We had more days at 100 degrees than any year on record as well as many more days in the 90's. It, also, never rained for 6+ weeks. Everything dried up. We had a cool, wet spring and the crops shot up like crazy, only to have all the corn and soybeans dry up. Tens of thousands of acres of corn are being harvested by grinding for silage right now, all across central MN and WI. Total loss of product. Watch the price of corn based products go up over the next several months.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here in Idaho, it has been dry, little rain all season.

·
Slow but willing learner
5,389 Posts
Well, that stinks, BUT you don't have to water your lawn when you get back... ;)
Any unexpected leaks to deal with ?
Yes. Several. The deck lid filled with water around the lock. It needs a gasket under the lock. Also not having door weather stripping really showed up. The top itself did great. That was a relief.
I drove the 160 miles home in the rain and the dark and the car did super. I was proud of her but it was one miserable ride home.
John

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,429 Posts
So in my move I packed away my welding blankets, had no idea where. Lately I have planned on just going and buying another pair instead of spending a month trying to find them. I was in the car today and it hit me, I am going to go buy them. Then the second thought being I am a cheapie was, no, I think I will go and see if I can find them.
I figured I had put them in a box with my truck parts to protect the parts in the move. This was just a thought, I had no idea where they were. So I got the ladder and started opening boxes. the forth box I opened I found them! WHOOOO HOOOOO!

Brian

Beige Concrete Composite material Chemical compound Wood
Shelf Interior design Shelving Building Retail

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 FE
240 Posts
I drove Precious to the *** Round Up in Lenanon, Tn this weekend. To say it was a washout is an understatement.

John View attachment 619009
John, looks like your weather is contagious...

Ecoregion Map World Line Screenshot

Thanks a lot. Now I'm going to have to mow the grass again and we've got corn that needs to dry in the field too. 😜

35161 - 35180 of 35266 Posts