Hot Rod Forum banner
35681 - 35686 of 35686 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
That will be what future cars look like.
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Gas Scrap

I did get rid of the gold and cleaned up a bit more crap on the daily. If I had the time I would pull the engine, rebuild, and clean it up much better.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
932 Posts
I feel a little bit better about my Sunsong brake hose. A little duck-duck-go-fu led me to several places that said that they were a good quality hose. The most informative was over at BITOG. Seems as though Sunsong is a pretty big company that makes parts for several manufacturers and they also sell direct under their own name. We shall see. I think I'm off to see if I can get another line and a flaring tool. Paying 10 bucks for a stupid box still chaps my backside a little, though. A lot, actually. Still not happy about that. Maybe I'll frame it and hang it in the shop...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Went out wheeling because my truck was cleaned last night and then it rained. Went great until I ran the diff. into the mud.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

I also got the decal for the pile. I can't think of a saying that fits it better than "I wanna throw a rod". 670000 miles with mostly oem everything, and a blower, it fits perfectly.

Rectangle Bumper Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light

Can't wait to finish the intake. One question I have is can you tilt a blower on its side? I do want to keep the blower under the hood. I have the parts made to mount, I just need to bend the tubing.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Ripped the old briggs out of the lawn tractor for my KISS engine swap.

Vehicle brake Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Machine tool

Cleaned up and removed the electrical that I won't be using any more along with the battery.
Pulled the centrifugal clutch off the Honda.

After lots of measurements I pulled the old pulley off the briggs and installed It onto the Honda. I need a 1/16" spacer to have the bearing line up. The hondas shaft has a lip that spacer hits while still letting the bearing spin.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Automotive wheel system

My improvised pulley installer.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Bumper

After even more checking I drilled the motor plate for the honda engine. It fits nice under the hood and only have a slight area I will need to take about 1/2" off.

I have no freaking 2" bolts here and I need to set the engine height based off the pto linkage lines up. Things close but I will grab a handful of 2.5" bolts also.
This is as far as I am getting tonight.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread

Attachments

35681 - 35686 of 35686 Posts