Hot Rod Forum banner

141 - 160 of 34404 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
PRO 48 fleetline said:
Bad assess truck right there keep us posted.
Thanks Pro... :thumbup: It will be a very cool hot rod for my son... We was going to keep it a secret until the end,, But that would be very hard with everyone popping in at my house...So I guess it was OK to give a little peek.. :D

I really like how it's coming together now...I want it !!!!
But he isn't going to let that happen... I hope I at least get to drive it... :D :thumbup: OH !!! Sorry son !!! Didn't see you standing behind me... :pain: :spank: :boxing:

·
& matts38chev
2,669 Posts
wow, thats great :thumbup:

I hope he knows how lucky he is to have a dad, that will help him build/rework such a cool truck :pimp:

in fact, will you adopt me?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Weekend Finally!

Checked On The Rear End & Brake Parts At The Speed Shop Sat Morn, Supposed To Be Ready To Go Next Weekend. Will Be Glad To Get Them In And Get It Set Back Down On The Floor To Check Stance & Start On New Trans Tunnel & Floor. Put Engine & New Tranny In Again For Checks On Engine Mounts, Clearances, Etc. Took Engine & Tranny Out. Massaged Tranny Mount To Clear Trans Pan. Welded In Engine Mount Flats, & Painted Bare Metal & Some Suspension. Made Some Templates For The Front Cowl Floor Curve And The Firewall. Put Engine Back In: Am Pleased With The Additional Clearance For The Firewall And I Think Headers Will Have More Room Also! (700r4 Moved The Engine Forward When I Used The Same Rear Placement The Previous Turbo 350 Used). Still A Lot To Do, Just Need Two Or Three Weekends Every Week!

Attachments

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,327 Posts
NEW INTERIORS said:
Thanks Pro... :thumbup: It will be a very cool hot rod for my son... We was going to keep it a secret until the end,, But that would be very hard with everyone popping in at my house...So I guess it was OK to give a little peek.. :D

I really like how it's coming together now...I want it !!!!
But he isn't going to let that happen... I hope I at least get to drive it... :D :thumbup: OH !!! Sorry son !!! Didn't see you standing behind me... :pain: :spank: :boxing:
He should lower it a bit. :p Really, it is very cool, looks a lot like the one my nephew made, he is having a ball with it.

Brian

·
16,327 Posts
Bad Rat said:
If I drive 7-800 miles down there will you help me load it,, and ,I'll be glad to take it off your hands, then you will have lots of room to work on your P/U and a place to park your scrambler,,,, :D

My 69 Bonneville had 38K actual miles on it when I bought it about 10 yr ago.. was in excellent condition,, was a perfect driver,, but I can't leave anything in one piece and enjoy it,, I have to tear it apart and change things,, its been painted twice since I bought it, and been driven 7500 miles, that includes 2 trips to calif,, and its now been apart for almost 6 years, Go Figure,,, is it that I would rather have my projects in pieces and spending money on them insted of driving them,,? That seems to be the story with most of the cars I have ever owned,, and there has been a bunch,
:(
I have been reading the GM manual on the top and it's demystifying it a lot for me. I did a top on a Mustang with my boss when I was a kid and it didn't seem like that big of a deal so I am going moving ahead. You can save your trip here to get it until the next time I am frustrated with it. But be waiting for the call because I get over it quick. :D

Brian

·
... & Insanity Ensues .....
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
fan died on my computers video card today, heard popping noises, made the stupid decision of grabbing it. Now have a very faint PCB pattern on my fingers.

Fixed it with pliers. a 40mm case fan, zip ties and scotch tape.

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
matts37chev said:
wow, thats great :thumbup:

I hope he knows how lucky he is to have a dad, that will help him build/rework such a cool truck :pimp:

in fact, will you adopt me?

It really don't seem to phase him.. :confused:
Or he just doesn't like showing it.. :drunk:

I know he loves the way the truck is looking... He been helping more on this one for sure.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

As far as me adopting you... Sure!!!! pack your stuff and come on... :D
as long as I can claim you on my tax's.. :mwink:

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
MARTINSR said:
He should lower it a bit. :p

Brian

Well... I can only lower the top more now.... :drunk: It will seat on the ground right now... With the air out the bag's.. :D

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
NEW INTERIORS said:
It will seat on the ground right now... With the air out the bag's.. :D

Man !!!! I must be breathing to much grinding dust..... :drunk: I put seat where I should have put SIT.... :drunk: :pain: :rolleyes: :smash:

·
& matts38chev
2,669 Posts
deadbodyman said:
Dont forget to bring your tools Mat... :mwink:
Randy that last pic was takin at a great angle ,how close to the floor were you?????
he was standing on his head with the camera upside down :p

·
& matts38chev
2,669 Posts
today more rust repair

finished cutting off the bottom of my RH rear quarter

I have the rocker roughed in, so now I have a reference point for the quarters' repair panel

I cut a little at a time, on both the rusty stuff that is coming off, and fitting the new piece

while the area was open, I cleaned it up and added a doubler to the back side of the door jam,
(because I am going to move the body mount to that spot)

still have more to go, try again tomorrow

Attachments

·
16,327 Posts
Very cool Matt, you are getting-r-dun.

I came home very tired tonight but still got out there and put the door glass in my drivers door. Amazing how much easier it was after reading the GM Manual! :rolleyes:

Brian

·
Registered
547 Posts
I did a little more on the Bonneville,, the tail light lenses were pretty shabby, and there are no replacements available, so I made my own

some red plastic from Tap plastics, and a piece of parabolic prisum plastic ( its the plastic covers that are in most floresent light fixtures,,it has the fishured prisums on one side to reflect the light, and a smooth side , you glue the smooth side to the back side of the red lense..
if I would have cut old the red lense off the body of the light, I wouldn't have had anything to glue the new lense to ,, so I just glued the new lense to the old one,, after cleaning it up as good as I could,,
now before I install them I will give them a little shot of the dark lense spray, to kinda match the new windows,,,
also found a new windshield, locally, and much cheaper than from OPGI 185$ delivered,, OPGI was 285 + freight from calif,, got that done also,,
its getting there slowly

Attachments

·
16,327 Posts
That's pretty slick work there Bad Rat.

Brian

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
deadbodyman said:
Don't forget to bring your tools Mat... :mwink:
Randy that last pic was taking at a great angle ,how close to the floor were you?????
I was about 15'' off the ground on that shot.. :D I wasn't on my head.. :D But I was on my knee's.. :thumbup:

141 - 160 of 34404 Posts