Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello; people,

I know a bunch have been forced to either work from home, or no work at all.
Hope you all get through that and come out the other end stronger.
I have had to be alone for the last week because after starting to have no sense of taste or smell, and exhausted, got tested while getting checked for the flu or a digestive bug,As that was what I thought it was, didn't even think of the no sense of smell, and food tasting odd. Test came back +.
Having to stay away from everyone, job, wife, family, kids, is not fun, and the holidays just seemed odd.
Having to have others go shopping or anything for you, because you are a risk to others , Makes you understand why older folks fight tooth and nail to keep driving.
I never understood that when I would here of another grandma forget what pedal to push and plow through a store front.
I now understand WHY they do anything and everything to keep being mobile.
Anyways, the post is for asking what other web sites have interesting things to read about motor sports and it's history, and automotive based in general, don't have to be forums. just sites.
I have another week or more before I get out of the whooflu light Solitary confinement .
And am getting bored to tears.
This 2020bug makes you exhausted,so At least I end up sleeping a lot, 16+ hours a day off and on, is about what was what I slept most days, and I normally When not sick get 6-8. So that helps pass the time, but still getting bored and then grumpy.
Wife has been a trooper, doing her and my work at, work. and everything at home.
I have found a bunch of parts for my hobby vehicle, so here is to hoping she is still smiling when they start rolling in.

I have underlining health issues and going by the news and talking medical heads on t.v. , news. I was fearing the worst.
Mostly, it has been a little harder to breath when doing anything, shoveling snow took a lot longer than it normally would, and then the , "you should not have done that, from wife." but I got to do something anything other than sit in a chair, or bed. The loss of sense of smell, and sense of taste being off, everything taste weird, headache more than not, and muscle and bone ache, and getting exhausted much faster than normal, and wanting to sleep more that normal.
I found sleeping on the recliner was better than laying down flat, coughed less, still coughed a lot but not as much.
all family that lives with me, (wife and kids) tested negative ,Thank God.
So, any good links to interesting automotive web sites, history of motorsports, and such.
I am almost out of you tube motorsports videos to watch.
Thanks.

Stay safe, and have a great new year.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and I am lucky as I had family to go get Anything I needed food, or whatever, Not everyone is so lucky, If you see a neighbors vehicle not move or don't see them, Go check and see if they are ok, or need anything, We have 2 neighbors offer to go get anything I need, just ask, and that was very nice of them. I am lucky family and friends are available to do that, not everyone will be that lucky that gets this. So, check on your neighbors if you don't see them like you normally would.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,819 Posts
"Solitary confinement ..."
I could actaully be great with 14 days of isolation. I could easily do a month for that matter.
I like myself so being alone is not an issue for me. I've considered faking the 'Rona just so I could get some shop time to my self butt I just know that would bite me in the butt and I'd end up getting it anyway.
I've been social distancing LONG before it was cool.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Solitary confinement ..."
I could actaully be great with 14 days of isolation. I could easily do a month for that matter.
I like myself so being alone is not an issue for me. I've considered faking the 'Rona just so I could get some shop time to my self butt I just know that would bite me in the butt and I'd end up getting it anyway.
I've been social distancing LONG before it was cool.
lol.
But not being able to go get things, when you need them, or not having Wife and kids having to go to a family members house.
Time alone to work on things, great, but not when being sore, exhausted,headache, tired, and breathing hard just walking up stairs. I am so over this. it blows

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I understand!
No one likes being sick. I'm so bad at it noone else like me being sick either.
Ya, the short fuse, and being mr. Grumpy isn't me most of the time.
As long as I don't end up in the hospital, I'll call it a win.
Others have it worse , or didn't make it.
What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger . Or something

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.