Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my boys (twins)(see gallery)just got their licenses. I bought a 79 dodge power wagon 4x4 for them to drive. the ol' lady decided she liked the truck better than her taurus. (can't fault her there.) so she lets the boys have the taurus. friday night, i get a story from the ol lady that a deer ran in front of them, Michael swerved to miss it, and flatted a new tire in a ditch. no ones hurt. just a flat new tire. all is good. the next morning, after i had gotten up, i got to talk to the driver, it was a damn dog. NO DEER. and no he never tried to slow down, he hit the gas......

i checked my email a few minutes ago. long story a little longer, Michael was backing out of the drive way and hit a tree. tore the f-n bumper off, bent the rear sway bar? and the trunk lid is shot. the tree he hit is at least three feet from the driveway???? WT F?

i think my boy's been smoking crack. dammit,if they are going to do that *****, they damn well better learn to share.:smash:

damn the devil.

and pray for my son. he needs it.

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
if you need to disipline them take there licences and stick them on the message board in the kitchen or stick them on the fridge so they can be reminded of what there missing.:nono:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm gonna do better than that, i'm getting them oneway tickets to 87442's house. that'll show them.

i'll post pics tomorrow, i'm dead damn serious, you'd have to be on crack to hit this tree. :confused: wheres the looks down and shrugs and shakes head smilie when you need it?

i sure could go for some nitromethane fumes right about now.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Well there might be a killing tonight (if they go out for a ride).

Damn larry, you started having kids young, you're 33 and they're 16. You must have raised them fairly well if they admitted to flooring it when the dog ran out in front of them, I would have stuck with the deer story.

Make them pay for the repairs, and don't let them drive any of your vehicles.

Forget sending them to 87442's house, send them to me, I offer a complete reckless driving course.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm all for a good motivational slap or three. ;)

Ghetto, lesson learned, wrap that rascal.:mwink:

my kids are all ready mades. i didn't figure i could stand to rear my own hell spawn. it doesn't matter, you still pay for your raising. they are good kids, just cost me more money than i want to spend.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
crazy larry said:
Ghetto, lesson learned, wrap that rascal.:mwink:
ahahaha

Larry those Taurus usually take a beating pretty well. A friend of mine has a 94 with about 130,000 miles on it. It looks like it was dropped off a cliff but it still is driven daily. This guy has driven through fields, hit trash cans and mail boxes, jumped hills, hit piles of snow, gone through a few fences, you name it, that car has done it several times.

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
crazy larry said:
they are good kids, just cost me more money than i want to spend.

What? They're old enough to drive, they're old enough to work damn it! Food and shelter, they can keep up with the Jones's with their own money.

I would make the little fuggers fix it themselves or pay to fix it, either way it may help'em learn a lesson. Of course if you made them fix it under your "supervision", you could make'em never wanna do anything like this again. :mwink: :D

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm thinking a roundy round paint scheme might be in order.
i could paint their names above the doors, etc....
remove the fenders, put nerf bars all around, make it goober proof. and make them drive it EVERY FREAKIN DAY.

i'm feeling better already.

this is a 94 with almost 200k on it, i sure was hoping to make it to 200k. oh well.:rolleyes:

BstMech said:
Of course if you made them fix it under your "supervision", you could make'em never wanna do anything like this again. :mwink: :D
they are already dreading that.

roflmbo.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they both work, they pay their own insurance, gas etc.....

trust me, it's gonna cost him.;)

Ghetto Jet said:
How about orange with 01 on the doors?
i think just a 0 on michaels side will do.:thumbup:

they'd love to have a rebel flag on the roof.:spank:

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
crazy larry said:
nope. i was wrong. he's a goner for sure.

damnit.

whoo hooo i'm hotroddin it!

Good hell, how fast was he going in reverse?! lol, looks like he got her up to about fiddy five or so!

I think the next car you get needs to be covered in large, fluffy objects, so it can bounce from object to object like a ping-pong ball.

K :smash: :p

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
killerformula said:
Good hell, how fast was he going in reverse?! lol, looks like he got her up to about fiddy five or so!

K :smash: :p
thats what i'm talkin' about. i got home and saw that. jeezus, aren't those supposed to be like 15 or 20 mph bumpers or something?????? HE FREAKIN SMASHED IT. it is a damn good thing he spent the night at his grandmothers......

and you sed i didn't have a life.:p

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
I used to have a ramcharger, which as you know is basically the same as a powerwagon. If he had hit it with that, there would be one less tree hangin around fo sho!

K

·
Registered
579 Posts
i was going to say something in mike's defence since he is young, named mike , (like me) and i smashed my first car in a hurry.but looking at that bumper and thinking that this was done in your driveway,well, i find it hard to prepare any defence for them.
a smack in the head or three may give you some satisfaction , it will do little for them.
i agree with taking their liscense , forbid them to drive till they pay for the repairs. after that sneak the handycam in the grill(if you still have a grill ) so you can have the nescessary evidence to convict them later.mike

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Well, at least you know they are from YOUR gene pool Larry !! (Musta been the shallow end, huh?) They're chip(s) off the ole' block! :D

You should estatic. They show a promising career as demolition derby drivers...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Crazy Larry,
Everyone deserves a second chance, so don't send the poor kid to 87442"s just yet!

Put 87442"s post on the refrigerator and tell the kid if he ever screws up again hes on his way!
You will never have another problem once he understands the deal.
Bwk

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
OK, Larry, here's what you do. I watch all 3 CSI shows, I'm somewhat of an expert on this stuff. First you shave ALL body hair. Then you put on rubber gloves, being careful that you don't put prints on the OUTSIDE of the gloves. If you do, you're screwed. Now you've got to dig a really deep pit and fill it with lye. DON'T get any of that lye on you, especially inside those gloves, it burns like heqq. Now send the kids off to Bible camp, but you really take them to the pit. Don't use any weapons, you'll get caught. Don't worry, no one will ever suspect you. :evil: Or maybe you could just hang some really big truck mirrors on that car so they will see the trees before the bumper do. Dan

1 - 20 of 51 Posts