Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,821 Posts
Look at that! A real race....

Ever heard the Eldora Slide Job, sometimes called the slide for life?

It the term used for letting the car slide up and forcing your opponet to lift to keep from getting hit

At Eldora, the turns are wide and sweeping so you never actaully need to lift, or drag the brake, just let the car skate up the hill and hope it doesn't jump the cushion. A real engine killer on the tacky.

Years ago I started strapping my head to the LR corner of the halo bar so I didn't have hold it up on those 50 lappers. My neck hurts thinking about it.

This will keep you busy for a while

http://www.speedwayvideos.net/videos.htm

·
Ford Man to the bone!!!
112 Posts
A local guy offered to let me do a few laps in his Sprint car back in 1984. God, I wish I had. I learned to drive on a winding dirt road in a slow car. The only way to keep up with my friends was to slide every turn. If you can keep up with a 1965 V8 Mustang in a 62 Rambler wagon with a flathead 6, you gotta be doing something right. Used to really upset my buddy. After another friend rolled his 57 Ford, racing back roads kind of went out of style. Nobody got hurt, but he lost a nice ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.