Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to break out my new HVLP touch up gun to paint the grill and lower splash apron for my truck project. I'm kind of an old school guy and all my guns are conventional gravity feed or siphon feed. This was my first experience with HVLP.

I must say that I'm impressed with the performance of this little gun. It's just an el-cheapo that I picked up at a swap meet for $20 this summer but it sprayed PPG Omni pretty well. A lot less overspray in the air and coverage was excellent. It was as good or better than the expensive conventional touch up gun that I've used for years. So good in fact that I may have to retire my all my conventional guns and invest in a couple quality HVLP units before I paint my next project.

Centerline

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
It's really painful to admit that the tree-huggers came up with something that really works!
No kidding, I said the same thing first time I used my HF HVLP gun, just didn't have the kehonees(sp) to say it:)

Vince

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Yeh, my first one I got from Snap on. It took at least a dozen paint jobs to get used to all the different things I had to do after using the old style for so many years. Especially being sure to release the pressure before removing the cup. Dang sure made a few messes.

Troy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.