Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the bright idea on Saturday of taking the Coupe out for one last ride before the winter weather hit. BAD IDEA! A kid in daddy's car sees my brake lights go out, and before I can even get the clutch all the way out, WHAM! I couldn't hardly believe it. He tried to play it down, and offered to cut me a check on the spot. I showed him the gold, and he almost started to cry. It was great. I never would think I would say this, but thank God for fiberglass fenders and roll pans! (I will forever deny ever having made that comment!)

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
That sux,but with it being his Dads car, it more than likely has coverage. There is a bad problem here with kids getting insurance. tHey get the card and then cancel the policy and get a refund on the deposit. Then if they get pulled over they simply present an insurance card. If you are involved in an accident with one of these young con-men,they show an insurance card and you do not find out until you try and file a claim against them

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As soon as the kid told me that his dad is out of the country on business, I decided right then and there to nail him. He needs to learn two things: 1-If you are going to be responsible and drive, you have to stand up and be a man when you mess up. And 2-Daddy's money won't always buy your rear end out of trouble.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
As soon as the kid told me that his dad is out of the country on business, I decided right then and there to nail him. He needs to learn two things
:thumbup: :thumbup: YEA!!!!

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,111 Posts
"showed him the gold" what's that? nail him to the cross he oughtta be drivin his feet anyway, moron

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bullheimer said:
"showed him the gold" what's that? nail him to the cross he oughtta be drivin his feet anyway, moron
"Flashed the badge" . I am a federal cop in DC.

The kids dad has insurance. I called the company on Monday an dgot the ball rolling. At least we both have the same insurance. The bad thing is I'll still get screwed from State Farm. They will raise everyone's rates to offset my claim against this idiot!

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
State Farm hosed a buddy of mine the other day. He got in a wreck, and settled. He works at a dealership bodyshop, so he got the parts, and fixed it after hours.

Then, he gets a letter from the KDOT, advising him to surrender his title. Seems State Farm sent his car in as salvage, since it was not repaired at the time of settlement.

State Farm contacted KDOT, who advised that once it was entered as salvage, it could not be reversed. The title was hand delivered to KDOT, by a claims rep, and a rebuilder's title was issued.

This is a nice car. The poor kid just got hosed out of a bunch of money, if he ever sells it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts