Hot Rod Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Old(s) Fart
6,081 Posts
Jon said:
A wiki page has been made with this info: GM Build Codes.

Thanks pmeisel for getting the wiki page started, and also thanks TooMany2count for the original post in this thread :).
While I applaud the work that went into this, how about changing the title to "CHEVY build codes", since it sure doesn't cover all of GM?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just had to bump this thread being so valuable. I bought and restored a 69 ss396 chevelle conv. quite a few years back, tore into it and found 2 IBM inspection cards, 1 partial and 1 complete. No build sheet could be found. The inspection card is punched in an alphanumeric location which spells out rpo's ie. CO6, B22, etc. The only thing that proved my car was a true ss was that the card spelled out M40 which is the turbo 400 only installed in big block cars. Until now that was my only proof because no one could tell me what the B22 code meant including every book I've read. The B22 spells out the SS or better yet SS396 door emblem according to this thread. Very cool and thanks.... I's sooo happy :D

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.