Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Wow, I wonder how far she'd fly if the slingshot broke?
If that broke, she would either over the mountain or broke on the backstretch, she would be the human wrecking ball :drunk: That is just crazy. I'd like to know how many feet she went. What I do know is as soon as they let it go my pants would be soaked :D

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
That is just insane...and how do I build one!!!!!! Can someone explain how she keeps bouncing in the same trajectory? I would think after the initial slingshot and rebound that gravity would take over and she would hit the ground pretty quickly. Which brings up the point...what happens to her when the rebounding DOES wind down. They don't show that part.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
Kevin45 said:
All I can say is DAMN!!!!!!!! :eek:
I said just about the same thing, only it was holy sh.....That's just nuts :pain:

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,324 Posts
You know what hit me one day? Years ago the fire department or ambulace went out to save people who were WORKING. Some poor farmer who got ran over by his tractor or a truck driver hauling a load that got tangleded up with another vehicle or something like that.

Now, we have zillions of dollars invested in Parametics and Med-i-vac helicopters to haul morons like this into the hospital and put there legs and arms back on. That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever seen. It isn't a "darn mom Sue got a rasberry on her arm can you put a bandaid on it?" it's an "I'm sorry mam, your daughter didn't make it, we did everything we could".

I am not even thinking about the rubber band breaking, what about a POLE failing!!!! What happens when one of those poles pulls out of the ground and shoots off like a friggin 40 ft long 400 lb arrow??

No, this is Darwins theory at work. Only trouble is, Darwin didn't know that someday we would have the medical technology to keep the "weak" alive to bare more weak offspring.

Brian

·
Administrator
18,397 Posts
I totally agree with MARTINSR..............Its like the idiot base jumpers, bungee cord fools, moron skiers that wont stay on the marked trails.........and on and on.

If you feel you have to risk your life to get your jollies..................and you get hurt, well, you made your bed........Lay in it....and bleed to death.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,324 Posts
John, I have done plenty of "wild" things, but that is all in one perception isn't it? No, I have never played Russin Rulete with a 38 revolver, I have never shot a speed ball of Herion in my arm, I have never drove thru a gang infested neighborhood shouting F#@* the bloods, I have never kicked over a Harley outside a biker bar and I have never done anything as ignorant as those fools and the bungie, sorry.

Brian

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,731 Posts
Perception is right...

I've done all those listed except for the bike kicking, I say I wouldn't do again though.

Live by the sword, die by the sword...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts