Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
I have the same truck, except it's brown, it's a Dodge and it's a van....................other than that, it's just the same.

In other words, post a picture. Then we will know for sure.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm working (or not...lately) on one of those too. I'm still trying to resist the urge to paint it black as most of them are around here. Is yours a shorty? I may ditch my fleetside box and go with a step side instead. After spending the bucks to blast my rims and powdercoat them black, I could have got a used set of mags instead....oh well.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
my car used to look likeb this...

Now, it looks like this.....

I don't know what the heck happened............................

·
Duck Tape & WD 40
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a couple of pictures at home, I'll try to scan them and put them on a disk to bring to school. I dont have the internet at my house.

yeah mines is a shortbed. it also has a red fender, when I got it the original one had been hit by something and I couldn't fix it so I got one off a guy that lives down the road from me

·
Duck Tape & WD 40
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I scanned a pic of my truck last night, went to save it so I could bring the disc to school and the disk is screwed up. but I'm gonna get a pack of discs and save it over the weekend. ( dont have school thursday or friday) I put the picture in microsoft paint and did it all black. looked pretty good. now I'm going to scan stuff out of my car mags and add the stuff onto my truck to see what it looks like

·
Registered
8 Posts
Silentlion69 is my friend wayne.. i go to school with him and we have recently been doing a project car.. he really does have a truck very simalar to that one.. it deffinatly doesnt have a 402.. i believe it is a 305.. nothing special.. he worked all summer with his step dad doing masonry so that he could afford to buy it.. it needs a littttle bit of TLC.. but someday it will be as nice as that other truck..

·
Registered
547 Posts
hang in there

Its great to see you young guys so entergetic about fixing up your cars,, that means you are out working to make the money to do it,, alot of kids would just be hanging with bad company,, and gettin in trouble,, these guys might be yankin your chain,, but I'm sure they mean well,, they just wish they were young again,, ME TOO,, keep up the good work,,, the sport needs more like you guys, just my 02 bill

·
Duck Tape & WD 40
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks bill. Right now I'm working with my stepdad on the weekends doing masonry, at $8.00 an hour it works out pretty good. I'm trying to save up some money to buy my next door neighbors 350 off of him he said he'd sell it to me for $250 so i'm gonna buy it then build it up and put it in my truck. I'm going to wait till I have a more steady job before I put the 350 in my truck that way I can buy a little 4 or 500 dollar beater to drive while i'm working on the truck.

oh and by the way bill your car is awesome.:thumbup:

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,624 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:

hey guys my car looks like this, except it's green and doesn't have a landau top.

lol
what's bluish green in the foreground? nice caprice too :) my cousin has one (rusty sadly) that has a odd "monte carlo aerocoupe" style back window. I dig those factory hubcaps; gives it a sleeper look :)

poncho62 said:
my car used to look likeb this...

Now, it looks like this.....

I don't know what the heck happened............................
I wish I had a topless indian, nice nice car:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.