Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
I could not find anything on that #. Where did you get it at?On the left rear? Go to the pad on the front of the block,right side bank.Right behind the water pump,under the head.Clean off that pad and see if there is a number.

·
wind & fire = guides to power
1,529 Posts
That starts with "397" and was produced for many years with many different ci. Generally speaking it is one of the better 350s they made, often with 4-bolt mains.

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
While these were good blocks, be aware the target master engines made in mexico also carried this number. If you see Hencho En Mexico casted by the casting number, I would have it magnafluxed and well checked over before I used it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i called a salvage yard and asked for a long block 350... he said he had one and gave me that casting number thats all i know.. its a truck/van/salvage yard.. i dont think many ppl around here would go the "made in mexico" route on a motor.. ill call back tomorrow and ask though... thanks for the help guys (and thanks for that link w/the casting # info)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.