Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 jimmy with a 700r4 unknown milage but some, one day worked fine next day 1-2 shift was way high, 2nd lasts about a second and then goes into 3rd soft, will downshift to first at any speed when going WOT and will hold first till I let up on the gas if starting off with a heavy foot not enough road where I am at to really get into overdrive so I don't know if it works

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well ive got some advice for ya... I would first check the TV Cable and make sure that its OK, and then if that doesnt help much, I would check the fluid level of the tranny and the fluid itself... If its OK then what I ahve heard about the 700R4 is that it has a problem with a sticky valve, and they make shift kits that are reletively easy to install and correct that problem... I have a 700R4 in my Trans Am and im about to swap it out with a new one because its got the reverse gears blown out of it, But You might be good by just changing your filter and putting in some fresh fluid, and try Lucas Oil trans stop slip, It didnt help my reverse trouble but it did help with the working gears! :rolleyes: But... I would go with the shift kit anyways . Hope I helped you- Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts