Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

I was wanting peoples ideas / experience. I am going to be starting on my project next Fall. I am waiting on a house with a decent sized garage. I plan on building a 37 to 39 Chevy sedan. The year will depend on whats available when the space and money are available.

Until that time I read and read and read. When I'm not reading I run numbers. Here's what I have so far. I am looking at a Ram Jet 350 connected to a Tremec T-56. My differential would be a 4.10. I am looking at an MII front. 9"/10 or 12 bolt rear, there again availability, and a ladder bar with coil overs for the rear suspension.

Any one have any opinions.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Think your project through....

I'm still building my 37 Dodge business coupe...have been for like 4yrs now. I wanted to upgrade the front suspension so I installed a Jim Meyers Mustang II front end and a 12 bolt Camaro 4.11 posi with disc brakes front and rear. Then I rebuilt a 327sbc and used a powerglide trans for a drive train and now I'm finishing up a painless/not wiring harness. You can build on paper....using a build plan...and change your plan as money or parts come your way or just build from the catalogs. Be ready and willing to change your plan as a deal comes your way...maybe when your ready to buy your project a Ford or a different year Chevy will be available so get what you can get the best price on and for the most car you can get.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Rufus-
Look in my Project Journal. I am doing a 39 2 door sedan. So far, Chassis Engineering is the best I found for the front end. EASY CLEAN install. Bit chin' Products does the interior metal work, EMS for the exterior metal.

Watch for rusted frames !! Especially the bottom of the torque tube frames like the 39. They can be repaired, but be ready.

Jeff

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the wisdom

Thanks to both of you for the insight. I will take you advice and see whats available. The only thing I am sold on is it being a sedan. I like the lines and the space.

Jeff,
Your build is looking good. I love going through the build journals. It helps me fully realize what I am getting myself into. So far, I can't wait. But until then, I'll keep dreaming and scribbling on paper

-Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts