Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, about a week ago I started a thread, and it went on and all was well in my thread in the lounge, and someone said that the thread was useless without pics. So, to keep everyone occupied until a suitable pic could be found, I put a funny pic there (it was a newspaper headline involving clinton the town and a huricane called bonnie), and next thing I know it's in the dump.

Why couldn't a moderator simply remove that pic, personally I didn't find it offensive, but maybe others did. That would've been much better than sending it to the dump.

So, I started a new thread with my original first post and then I explained how the thread went on and posted the last 2 posts underneath that acknowledging that the pic i posted on the first thread was innapropriate. Well, that's in the dump now also.

What's up with this? Thank you for your input.
-matt
p.s. I have seen quite a few times on an otherwise decent and appropriate thread when someone posts something innapropriate they're asked to change it, and it's not condemned to the rotting pit of the dump unless there's a lot of innapropriate posts.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
You don't have deal with people questioning your judgment calls when you send the whole thing to the dump, compared to editing individuals threads, which people sometimes take personally.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
I'd have to think it was just time to clean up the lounge, be rid of some posts that had gone on long enough, kind of like "no topic". Jon had said that was one of his wishes, hadn't he? (I'm old, memory's shot, I think he said this.) I wouldn't take it personally. There's quite few hit the dump lately.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
You don't have deal with people questioning your judgment calls when you send the whole thing to the dump, compared to editing individuals threads, which people sometimes take personally.
Sounds like you nailed it. I have yet to take anything typed here to personally. The keyboard does tend to add attitude. I just keep that in mind.

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:

Yeah, you nailed it. Mods can edit, delete, split up posts into different threads, and Dump threads too. I always teach that Dumping a thread is the safest route, while deleting a thread is the most dangerous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts