Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I am trying to decide which Hood type to run on my '35. Looks like the choices are three piece and four piece. I have a Factory four piece, but don't really care for the side vents-I understand that I can buy a Rootlieb side replacements that would have Louvers, which might be the answer. I do like the look of a three piece, but it seems to me that you might have problems with trying to access the engine( prop the Hood top, take side panel off, which might lead to laying it somewhere and damaging it)-I also wonder if the strut rods required to run a three piece would hinder access to the engine. I have considered the forward opening type, but that does not address the possible side panel damage or access-

So, here's my question: which do you have, have experience with or prefer (and why?). I am looking for as much input as possible here, so let me know what you think and what you have.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i had a 3 piece on my coupe. :sweat:
changed it to the original 4 piece for the same reasons you stated. a lot easier to do maintenance on the motor when you have a 4 piece hood. :thumbup:
just my old 2 cents. :cool:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FASTFORD,

Thanks so much for your reply! (I was beginning to think this Thread was ignored :( )-my observations are just that-observations. I have no practical experience on this and do appreciate your insight!

Anybody else?

·
Registered
598 Posts
35WINDOW said:
FASTFORD,

Thanks so much for your reply! (I was beginning to think this Thread was ignored :( )-my observations are just that-observations. I have no practical experience on this and do appreciate your insight!

Anybody else?
sometimes answers are slow to come. this isn't the only site i visit/belong to & it takes awhile to get through all the new posts.
i had the 3 piece hood on for 4 years & will tell you anything other than checking the oil was a real PAIN in the ***** ! :pain:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts