Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a good deal on a throttle body spacer for 1992 and 1999 3800 GM (Buick) motor. Do they do what they say they do, more hp, more torque and more mpg? I don't want to spend $100 just to see if they work.

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
On a port injection system where the throttle body only passes air the spacers do an awesome job of lightening your wallet. I tried one on a similar system once just to settle a debate, it did NOTHING, it didn't even settle the debate. :rolleyes:

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
Mertz said:
Does anyone know where to get a good deal on a throttle body spacer for 1992 and 1999 3800 GM (Buick) motor. Do they do what they say they do, more hp, more torque and more mpg? I don't want to spend $100 just to see if they work.
No, no, and no.
As Hippie said it will lighten your wallet (that might help mpg's). The 3800 gets at or very near to 30 mpg highway, what is your mpg?

·
Analog man in a digital world.
2,252 Posts
1ownerT said:
The 3800 gets at or very near to 30 mpg highway, what is your mpg?
My old 3.8 Series I '94 LeSabre got 29 average on a 50/50 run of 70 MPH on the interstate and running up and down the hills around Dubuque, IA. It would get about the same on a straight 70-75 MPH Interstate run with the AC on and I never wasted any time on the entrance ramps! ;) It had 203,000 miles on it when I sold it and would still pull the same mileage. I'm sure someone with "smaller feet" could have pulled mileage in the low 30's out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.