Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing if anyone can give me some insight here...
I have a 71 Torino I am putting a 351C in. The the car had a 302 in it that needed a rebuild when I got it. So I decided to pull the 302 and put in the 351C I have from one of my old prostreet cars that I sold as a roller a few years back. One other item that came with the car is a throttle cable someone made from a coat hanger. It went from the gas pedal to the carb and actually worked. In the end though I want an actual pedal cable. So I am reaching out here to see if anyone knows where I can get a cable at a good price. I found one on the advance auto site however when I look up the part number online it says the cable is 60" long or something like that and doesn't appear able to be trimmed. The link is below.
Any advice here is appreciated.
Thank you,
Doug

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Measure what you need. Find the ends you need. Go to a bike shop. Have them put the ends on the length of cable with the capped ends.

Bam custom made cable.

Can be done in a afternoon(if they are not busy)for under $30 in most cases.

Carry 5-10 feet of welding wire in your emergency kit. One of the many things it can be used for is a throttle cable.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Measure what you need. Find the ends you need. Go to a bike shop. Have them put the ends on the length of cable with the capped ends.

Bam custom made cable.

Can be done in a afternoon(if they are not busy)for under $30 in most cases.

Carry 5-10 feet of welding wire in your emergency kit. One of the many things it can be used for is a throttle cable.
I’m running this setup presently. Very cheap, easy and has been reliable thus far. I’m going to get a new one over the winter and save the 1st one as a spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts