Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appreciate all the help everyone has offered on my tilt front end-got an electric actuator (ball screw) 6" travel and its almost installed. I now need a switch that can reverse the polarity so I can make it go up AND down-the actuator has 2 wires and you just reverse the polarity to switch directions-any suggestions or websites for a dash mounted switch?

Thanks again
~TIM~

·
Registered
599 Posts
willys' idea is good, but make sure that the switch that you get can handle the current going thru it.

JB

·
Registered
258 Posts
You might even try radio shack or other similar store for your switch needs. Should have something that would work for the current.

·
Registered
137 Posts
RELAYSSSSSSSS

I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH THE USE OF RELAYS. LESS CHANCE OF A FIRE FROM RUNNING WAY TO MUCH AMPS. THROUGH A SMALL WIRE. IF ON MANY APPLIANCES IN YOUR AUTO YOU DO NOT USE RELAYS YOUR SWITCH LIFE MAY BE SHORTENED BY AS MUCH AS 90%

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
417 Posts
You are looking for a double pole, double throw, center off momentary switch Any decent electronics supply house will have several different styles. The actuator wires will go to the center two terminals. Plus and minus will go to both ends but reversed on one end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts