Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone will have and answer here before i go insane. I just recently finished putting in a freshly rebuilt 355 sbc in my 86 gmc shortbed 2wd and drove it all last week doin a break in and left this weekend out of town, came home tonight and bent the key on it to take her out for an evening stroll and it didnt sound the same, idled higher and had no response of idle. Just pulling out the drive way it wanted to shut off just hitting the gas even with a 3000 stall. I havent touched a thing but went from being very responsive with good cam sound to smooth idle and falling on its face off idle but still pulls good through higher rpm. Is it possible the vacuum advance im the stock hei is stuck bc i dont have the vacum line hooked up to it? Any help would be appreciated. I checked the distributor hold down and its tight so i know the distributor didnt turn. What the hell?!?!?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.