Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my intake off to redo it and didn't get my distributor in right so had to take care of that then messing with it I got my timing way off . I've turned my gas and air screws and the timing light I got shows my mark way to the left of where it should be. thought I had it 180 out but it starts and runs. not sure what to do now. would pay someone 100 bucks to know it out for me.lol

·
Glad To Be Here
2,240 Posts
kdx250 said:
I took my intake off to redo it and didn't get my distributor in right so had to take care of that then messing with it I got my timing way off . I've turned my gas and air screws and the timing light I got shows my mark way to the left of where it should be. thought I had it 180 out but it starts and runs. not sure what to do now. would pay someone 100 bucks to know it out for me.lol
Start the engine and get it to normal operating temperature. Disconnect and plug off the vacuum advance hose. Using the timing light to see the timing marks, slowly rotate the distributor body until the timing marks are lined up with whatever degrees BTDC you wish to run. Re-connect the vacuum advance hose. Adjust the throttle stop screw for the idle RPM you want. Hook up a vacuum gauge to a full manifold port and adjust the air/idle screws slowly to achieve the highest vacuum reading. You may have to re-adjust the curb idle after adjusting the air/idle screws.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.