Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
70 Chevelle SS 396
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone think of any old factory built mini or micro pickup trucks?
I know that Morris had the Minor pickup and delivery van. I've seen Austin/Morris Mini pickups.

Those are the only tiny odd-ball trucks I can think of...
Years ago there was a Morris Minor pickup that sat by the road for the longest time. It looked rough, even from the road. Would've been neat to have, though.

Nooj

(maybe I should've put this in the lounge... sorry :drunk: )

·
70 Chevelle SS 396
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a picture of that pickup Mini on their site. Pretty neat little truck (I guess it qualifies as a truck :p ).

I think I remember seeing a VW beetle with a bed on the back. It looked about like a Kawasaki Mule or John Deer gator bed- since the engine was under it. Interesting, nonetheless.

Nooj

·
Registered
245 Posts
tiny pickup trucks

I was stationed in southern japan in the late 60's. I had a Cony pickup.It had a flat two cylinder engine under the seat,with a 4 speed trans.It was sort of a little cabover. The bedsides folded down to make a flatbed.I saw one for sale in the auto trader a couple of years ago. I never thought I would see one in the US.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mini Moke and Austin 1800 Utes

There's also the Austin 1800 Ute:

and the Mini Moke, I'm not sure if the Mini Moke came as a Ute from the factory.. but I've seen a few around..

Cheers, Dunc.

·
go fast, turn left!
267 Posts
I really like that black Austin

39 chev said:
I was stationed in southern japan in the late 60's. I had a Cony pickup.It had a flat two cylinder engine under the seat,with a 4 speed trans.It was sort of a little cabover. The bedsides folded down to make a flatbed.I saw one for sale in the auto trader a couple of years ago. I never thought I would see one in the US.
cute!!! this Cony guppy...

or this? Cony 600

·
70 Chevelle SS 396
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh man- those Cony rides are awesome. If you lived in a tight packed city- where you never had to drive very fast (or didn't have big honkin suvs running you over) those would be perfect :thumbup:

I just got a 80 Spitfire. Hmmm... Maybe I can turn it into a little pickup. Hey, it's actually got a full frame (if you wanna call it that), so it would be decent start. :mwink:

Somebody draw up some plans for me :p

Nooj

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.