Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Wood Combat vehicle Gas Engineering

This photo of Adjustable air bleed on GM Holley was in my mail. I’ve never seen one. Just sharing as maybe somebody here has had experience with one. Sounds like a handy feature.

·
Registered
228 Posts
From the email "There are a few years that the Holley 4150 came with 2 extra adjustment screws on the GM vehicles. These screws directly impact the amount of air allowed into the idle circuit and you will notice there is no idle air restriction bleeds pressed into the main body." Those deal with idle fuel I believe and....

Your thinking of air if I'm not mistaken.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Vehicle Plant

Seen other methods of air bypass to help idle, most just drill the throttle blades if needed.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is adjustable IAB a newer design or was it around years ago? The numbers on the air horn do not ring a bell with me. But then again I can‘t remember what I had for dinner yesterday.

Maybe I have it wrong but Holley hasn’t been used on GM products for years ……..no? This has to be a feature out of the 60’s?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I have seen in a lot of Holley boos and researching and stuff and if you look at the choke tower and the way the numbers are put on them it has to be something from the 60's like an oem carb and if you notice there are staked screws holding the choke flap in place and Holley has not used that design since the 70's and did away with that style and went with the modern style.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Did a little google research and it looks like it came from a 69 Chevelle and I can't quite make out the numbers but it matches very close to what they had from the factory.
Material property Gas Font Metal Fashion accessory

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did a little google research and it looks like it came from a 69 Chevelle and I can't quite make out the numbers but it matches very close to what they had from the factory. View attachment 621285

I think you locked in on time period, as i recall a three digit date code is the 60’s, But the photo from Allstate has a 4 digit code indicating after 1969. Could be an over the counter replacement In Allstate photo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts