Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car and it has wornout Mickey thompson ET street, I want it to be more streetable and am considering the BF goodrich drag radials , they are expensive though and was wondering what everone runs or any suggestions befoe I buy them.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sticky Tires?

I personally go to the local roundee round shop and get their leftover DOT Approved Hoosier tires. They are treaded and have the DOT number on them so that you can run them on the street..

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Sticky Tires?

cuztomcarbuilder said:
I personally go to the local roundee round shop and get their leftover DOT Approved Hoosier tires. They are treaded and have the DOT number on them so that you can run them on the street..
I have 33''x22.5''x15'' Hoosier Quick Times on my "Z" (Still on the chassis jig). Will these tires hold up on the street or are they too soft? Not going to be a daily driver, but I would like to drive it to local cruises, etc.

·
Registered
190 Posts
68NovaSS said:
I bought a set of 31 - 18.5 M/T Pro Sportsman's, but all I can tell you is they just don't wear at all.....they roll around the garage really nice....'course, my motor's not done yet!
Mine R 1 year old and they still have the little nubbins on em' I just hope they don't dry rot before I get it on the road.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I run a set of drag radials...no complaints...they are pretty soft so if its a driver i would expect them to wear...next time I will go with slicks but the radial were the cheaper option at that time...
good luck....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tires

II went today and ordered some BF Goodrich drag radials , they should be in Monday,
Thanks for the replies
Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts