Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered some wheel this morning from wheels vintique, link below. They are 15 x 6...

Wheel Vintiques 14-5655334 Wheel Vintiques 14 Series Gennie

I am looking to get a look similar to the wheels/tires in the link below, very bottom image.

Traditional Hot Rods, Customs and a few Classics

http://www.classicroad.com/modelA/110_1024.JPG

Anyone have any idea what tires these might be? they are Firestone but I am trying to track down the style/exact name/spec. The thread says the wheels are 16 inch Fords (7:50 rear and 6:00 front)

Paul

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
The tires in the pics look like they might be from coker tire..However since you have 15" wheels i would try a 235/75 r15 on the rear and a 205/75 r15 on the front to give you the look you are after..Nice thing is those tires are reasonable..You can go with a 70 series if you like and get big and littles and a fairly tall sidewall for the older look and have decent tires on that car..

Sam

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
The tires in the pics look like they might be from coker tire..However since you have 15" wheels i would try a 235/75 r15 on the rear and a 205/75 r15 on the front to give you the look you are after..Nice thing is those tires are reasonable..You can go with a 70 series if you like and get big and littles and a fairly tall sidewall for the older look and have decent tires on that car..

Sam

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sam
Thanks, I second guessed myself and canceled the wheels I had on order. I will spend more time today researching this to try to get it right. From what I have seen thus far I think I prefer 15" to 16", purely subjective though.

I will be fitting finned Buick drums, don't know if that makes a difference.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.