1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Big cubic inches small Chevy!
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi eveybody,

I really need help from technician and expert here at Hotrodders

I have few question:

First, I want to know something! I have a chevy Camaro Z-28 1980, I want to put the larger tire and rims as possible without cut my inner fender or move my leafspring.

Does somebody know what is the larger rims (and backspacing) I can put on the rear wheels, What is the bigger tire, d.O.T, like michey thompson et street or Hoosier quick time (for the street) I can put without hitting the inner fenders wheels of my car.

My second question is, if I put 8 inch wheels with 4.5 Backspacing, can I put larger tire as ET street 28 X 12.5 X 15 on my car...What is the best setup to have the maximum traction. (my brother want to sells me this rims ( Welds wheels 90 series, 8 inch with 4.5 backspacing)

Can I put tire with 29 inch tall on this camaro without having trouble...

I really need help, this camaro have a 460 CI with 13:1 CR, I want to stick on the road and I really doesn't want to cut the rear end.....

Can I put 9 inch rims, 10 inch, or it's really to big for me!

I'm new here, so I really need experienced people here to help me.

thanks in advance.

·
Big cubic inches small Chevy!
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tire question

Thanks Kevin45 for internet shortcut,

but I want to know if somebody have or had a Camaro and what is the larger tire and rims this person have put on this Car. If somebody have personnal expericence and know the answer for my question

Thanks to everybody!

Stephane

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
what do you really need...

Go to a reputable large tire shop and they will look in their book and tell you what you can or can't run.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts