Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to kno from the people pf have nova's or who ever kno's this kind of stuff what is the biggest size tires that i can run on my 70 nova its time to replace and i want the widestwith out rubbing

·
turbo lag......yeeeeehaaaaaaw
682 Posts
What size wheels and waht backspacing. With a 8" wheel with 4.5" of backspacing you can run a 275/60 r15. I have 295/50r15 on some Iroc wheels but the arebowed in and look horible. The only reason I did it was I needed tires and these were used ones I got for free.

·
Perfectionist Procrastinator
181 Posts
275 is about as big as you want to go (with 4.25-4.50 inches of backspace) in the rear, and you still might have problems depending on wheel size and the condition of your suspension.

Lots of good info here

·
Registered
21 Posts
I Have A 73 Nova Ss,my Front Tires Are Mickey Thompson-26/7.50/15lt,,and Rear Are- Bf Goodrich-245/60/r15, I Have About A Finger Space Clearance From Tire To Fender,i Dragged Raced With These Tires,,i Have A 383 Stroker With 4-10/ 10 Bolt Rear Posi,
I'am On Cardomain .com If You Want To See My Car,,hope This Helps,,
Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.